1/35 WWI British army

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Does anyone know if I can get a artillery crew in this scale? I have just bought an Ehmar 18 pounder with figures but not only are they naff but there closer to 1/32 scale so they look much to big for the gun , I've taken a look online but can't find any if I can't find any I'll have to bin it , there's no point having a gun without a crew

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Does anyone know if I can get a artillery crew in this scale? I have just bought an Ehmar 18 pounder with figures but not only are they naff but there closer to 1/32 scale so they look much to big for the gun , I've taken a look online but can't find any if I can't find any I'll have to bin it , there's no point having a gun without a crew
What is it with folk binning stuff!

Do it wrecked man, that way at least you can utilise the gun. As for figures, I'll have a look.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
What is it with folk binning stuff!Do it wrecked man, that way at least you can utilise the gun. As for figures, I'll have a look.

Si:smiling3:
Because without figures it's pointless mate I don't want that's why I'm asking :D

P

Polux

Take a look!!

They figures are sublime :rolleyes:

http://www.alpineminiatures.com/35figures.html

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Take a look!!They figures are sublime :rolleyes:

http://www.alpineminiatures.com/35figures.html
Very nice figures but no First World War ones

But thanks for looking mate:smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
Very nice figures but no First World War onesBut thanks for looking mate:smiling3:
Ouch!!! sorry!! I don't read WWI :oops:

I have to pay more attention

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Ouch!!! sorry!! I don't read WWI :oops:I have to pay more attention
No problem mate I do it all the time :D

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
View attachment 86844

Hi Alan I did this sometime ago also from emhar I don't know if the 18 pounder is a smaller gun but i felt the figures seemed to be about the right size . You could always do the gun on its own I wouldn't bin it it would look great on a nice plinthimage.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
View attachment 87300 Hi Alan I did this sometime ago also from emhar I don't know if the 18 pounder is a smaller gun but i felt the figures seemed to be about the right size . You could always do the gun on its own I wouldn't bin it it would look great on a nice plinth
Cheers for that john :smiling3: , I think figure is too big for 1/35 scale if you look at this pic View attachment 86845

That wheel is qhite big now here's a pic of mine View attachment 86846

See the size difference , I suppose I could get away with it if it was a six pounder
image.jpg

image.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
A picture speaks a thousand words I now see what you mean he does make the gun look on the small side. I to have this kit in my stash and have yet to open it lets hope we can find some suitable figures together happy hunting if I manage to find something I will let you know cheers John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
A picture speaks a thousand words I now see what you mean he does make the gun look on the small side. I to have this kit in my stash and have yet to open it lets hope we can find some suitable figures together happy hunting if I manage to find something I will let you know cheers John
True john , it's a shame really as the gun does look good , I wonder if I can alter some WWII figures to look like them :smiling3:

I'll let you know when I've had ago :D

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Alan, I don't know if these would be adaptable:

http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/tamiya-135-wwi-british-infantry-set/

Gern

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers dave there are a couple there I could possibly adapt there the closest I've seen so far :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If the figure in the kit was in the same pose as the guy 'lunging' in the photo he would be about the same height.

Tamiya has done a WW1 tank and they have also made a set of figures.