1 350 HMS Daring, float or sink lol

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Now i am close to finally catching up with the shelf queens its time for my first ship build!!

I was planning to build Tamiyas KGV plus a lot of extras but i do not think i can yet to it any form of justice:sad:. The Nelson was not a good build so more practice needed!! So yesterday i dropped off a load of donations to the cat charity we support and in there stores i spotted a Trumpeter box, had a look and its new and unopened. They had no idea when or from who it came from, as covid has of course caused staffing problems. Asked how much, £5, so i gave £20, that will help a few moggies in need of love and care.

So you say, stop rambling, get on with it, whats the kit ??

1 350 Trumpeter HMS Daring
20210611_154923.jpg

Not a lot of superstructure to ruin but a far bit if fiddly PE to drive me mad.

Time for a long read of the plans to try to plan the stages of build,

Should be a test for me!! The plans list Tamiya paints, most i have BUT the Tamiya grey for the hull looks too dark, any ideas out there???

Bob

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
StuG Will this reading take long , or have I to change my plans for day to day life.:confused:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob,
nice find! - I'm afraid the modern warships don't really grab me - all those antennae and sensors, and only a few guns! :sad:. I don't think I've seen one of these built, so I'll be lurking at the back.........
Dave
Hi Dave

Me too Dave but it has a not too difficult superstructure, and most of the PE is doors etc so hopefully not to complex, we will see:thinking:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
No chance. John and I were just having a gentle leg pull. Sorry if our posts were misinterpreted, Bob.

Carry on.......
Thanks Ron
Looks interesting Bob. A bit like a floating Aztec temple! Your best bet on the colour match is probably old boaty Chris!
Hi Tim

The plans show mr hobby colours but not the tamiya hull colour, found the plans for the Airfix Daring and again the x referance is for a darking looking grey compared to what i can see??

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Bob
A bargain and good for you to pay a fair price and help cats. You don't see many modern warships built. I'll follow progress with interest.
Jim
Evening Jim, had a few kits from the shop and know how expensive the charities running costs are, they save and help hundreds if cats every year.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI OLE BOATY CHRIS HERE LOL Bob very well done on the payment for the puddycats as you say that will help them good man an hull colour in my opinion is humbroll matt light grey no.64 as ive been over her sister ship HMS DAUNTLESS an this should be an easy build bob but no saftey rails up past the main 4.5 inch gun an should enjoy this build
ole chris lol

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
AN Bob front seat please :thinking:an is there any cake an pg tips tea (can you ride a tandem) lol :rolling: :smiling::smiling::smiling:
ole boaty chris
Love the monkey tea reference Chris! When I was a kid we got a lot of mileage out of those quotes….”Dad, do you know the pianos on my foot”…..”you hum it son, I’ll play it!”….”cooeee, Mr shifter!”….etc.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Love the monkey tea reference Chris! When I was a kid we got a lot of mileage out of those quotes….”Dad, do you know the pianos on my foot”…..”you hum it son, I’ll play it!”….”cooeee, Mr shifter!”….etc.

HI Tim yea those were the days i loved those pg tips monkey adds wish theyd reshow them as there are hardly any funny adds on now an how long the adds run for these monkey adds would be a funny an welcome break an encourage you to whatch the adds as it seems now the adds are longer than the program you are watchin dont it ?
old boaty chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Yes, the retreads with Jonny Vegas weren’t a patch on the originals….mind you, I mostly watch on catch up these days so I skip them anyway. Did you know the fees for the chimps in those ads paid for the start up of Twycross Zoo, which is now a world recognised primate Center……

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yes, the retreads with Jonny Vegas weren’t a patch on the originals….mind you, I mostly watch on catch up these days so I skip them anyway. Did you know the fees for the chimps in those ads paid for the start up of Twycross Zoo, which is now a world recognised primate Center……
YES i aggree with you on that Tim as the originals had a lot of funny quotes an no i did'nt but anyway we better let Bob get on sinkin his daring lol
chris