1 350 HMS Daring, float or sink lol

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Chris

Will mask up and spray the grey so hopefully will have a neat line, pray mat ready lol

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Told you i needed to improve Chris, had to resist the mighty rollar!!

Yep, no top coat just red and the rest in primer

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good to me. Not so much of an overspray issue with an airbrush Chris. It’s much more controllable than rattle cans. Doing it the way Bob has stated will minimise the paint build up at the tape lines.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looks good to me. Not so much of an overspray issue with an airbrush Chris. It’s much more controllable than rattle cans. Doing it the way Bob has stated will minimise the paint build up at the tape lines.
yea i see what you mean Tim but i dint realise Bob was only doin primer an why two colours or is it because bein a airbrush the colors will show through as i thought bob would just spray the whole hull in one colour primer untill he's ready to spray the top coates
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN Bob you do not need a prayer mat as i say an think you are up to the job so carry on up the kyber lol
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
yea i see what you mean Tim but i dint realise Bob was only doin primer an why two colours or is it because bein a airbrush the colors will show through as i thought bob would just spray the whole hull in one colour primer untill he's ready to spray the top coates
chris
Chris

I primed all of the hull in grey primer, and the lower hull is now in top coat red, Thursday i plan to mask a line and top coat the upper hull inc decks in light sea grey top coat, so hopefully the red and grey will meet.

If ok will leave for a few days, then add the boot topping, followed by masking off the superstructure and spraying the decks a dark sea grey!

It can only go pear shaped lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris

I primed all of the hull in grey primer, and the lower hull is now in top coat red, Thursday i plan to mask a line and top coat the upper hull inc decks in light sea grey top coat, so hopefully the red and grey will meet.

If ok will leave for a few days, then add the boot topping, followed by masking off the superstructure and spraying the decks a dark sea grey!

It can only go pear shaped lol
Bob you must have more confidence in your self just have a quick look at my hull pics an it impossible to go wrong as i have every confidence in you to do it an you will
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob you must have more confidence in your self just have a quick look at my hull pics an it impossible to go wrong as i have every confidence in you to do it an you will
chris
Hi Chris

As you know i have made some stupid mistakes which i should never have made.

I am going no where near KGV or the others in the ship stash until i feel much more confident. So more practice is very much needed:thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris

I am going no where near KGV or the others in the ship stash until i feel much more confident. So more practice is very much needed:thumb2:
Bob this is only a pratice build anyway an we have all made stupid mistakes thats why i plan ahead so that dont happen but even then i'll admit that ive made some right royal clangers on my tiger but its was nothing that could not be put right so chin up an chest out an when you start make sure your line is level as its easy to get it on the huh so measure bow an stern to make sure an useing a pensil lightly draw along the boot line an measure from the keel up as thats the only straight line on the ship ok an useing a spirit level lay it accross the hull so its dead level so that one side is not higher than the other
chris

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi Chris

Hi Bob, for what it's worth my first (out of two) boaty builds and one of my first builds in 35 years was tamiya 1.350 turpitz with full etch and I got a good 3 quarter built if not more, got so engrossed in the build that painting anything didn't even enter my mind,even the hull! Now I have no idea what I'm gonna do with it, can't mask a thing with the etch on now!
That's what you call a mistake!!!
Yours looks like it's coming on just fine mate and I'm looking forward to seeing it finished, since you first posted this build I'm finding it really hard not to spend my hard earned on something big and floaty lol.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Think your doing well Bob, this hull painting is rather complex. Just listen to Vice Admiral Boaty Chris, he is the man for these matters.

You can see why I stick to 4BO SIMPLES !

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob this is only a pratice build anyway an we have all made stupid mistakes thats why i plan ahead so that dont happen but even then i'll admit that ive made some right royal clangers on my tiger but its was nothing that could not be put right so chin up an chest out an when you start make sure your line is level as its easy to get it on the huh so measure bow an stern to make sure an useing a pensil lightly draw along the boot line an measure from the keel up as thats the only straight line on the ship ok an useing a spirit level lay it accross the hull so its dead level so that one side is not higher than the other
chris
Thanks Chris

Really appreciate your excellent encouragement and support!
Hi Bob, for what it's worth my first (out of two) boaty builds and one of my first builds in 35 years was tamiya 1.350 turpitz with full etch and I got a good 3 quarter built if not more, got so engrossed in the build that painting anything didn't even enter my mind,even the hull! Now I have no idea what I'm gonna do with it, can't mask a thing with the etch on now!
Yours looks like it's coming on just fine mate and I'm looking forward to seeing it finished, since you first posted this build I'm finding it really hard not to spend my hard earned on something big and floaty lol.
Hi Mark

I can fully understand what you did, i thought it would just be like a StuG, just a few differances, how wrong i was! Totally differant to build especially the painting stages, so many painting stages.

Been watching builds on YT and it looks so simples, not one actually shows a build in detail.
Think your doing well Bob, this hull painting is rather complex. Just listen to Vice Admiral Boaty Chris, he is the man for these matters.

You can see why I stick to 4BO SIMPLES !
Hi John

More sound advice, ta

Should have stuck to StuGs lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks Chris

Hi Mark

I can fully understand what you did, i thought it would just be like a StuG, just a few differances, how wrong i was! Totally differant to build especially the painting stages, so many painting stages.

Been watching builds on YT and it looks so simples, not one actually shows a build in detail.

Hi John

More sound advice, ta

BUT Bob if you had stuck to stugs you would not have has all this new excitment an challenges would you an you have nr built all the different type of stugs so you have really got to try something new an you will do this well mark my words
vice admrail boaty chris lol

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Thanks Chris

Hi Mark

Hi John

More sound advice, ta

Im never to concerned about making mistakes. Every mistake is experience gained and a lesson learnt.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Im never to concerned about making mistakes. Every mistake is experience gained and a lesson learnt.
OH HOW TRUE Mark as thats what ive been telling our m8ty Bob he's worrying to much thinking it will go pear shaped an if you think that way it usualy does
chris

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
OH HOW TRUE Mark as thats what ive been telling our m8ty Bob he's worrying to much thinking it will go pear shaped an if you think that way it usualy does
chris
There's only one mistake to be concerned about! And that's thinking you need to fart and sh@#@ing yourself !! :confounded: :tired:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Bob lets look at it this way concerning your ability's just look at that fabulas bruno turret you built an that turned out very very well my good man SO JUST BE CONFIDENCE that you can do a paint scheme ok
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

OH GO ON Mark treat yourself to a nice big floaty battleship in 1/350 th scale as id love to see one of them built GO ON GO ON GO ON as mrs doyle says in farther ted lol
chris