1 350 HMS Daring, float or sink lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
NO Bob mate you was not rambling on as its nice to hear your thoughts on what you are gonna do on the model so keep on comin on with your comentarys :thumb2:
ole boaty chris

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Joining the party Bob and as others have said you were not rambling..... Is just setting the scene!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You weren’t rambling Bob, Chris and I could ramble for England though, so sorry for diverting your thread!
:thinking: OH Tim ME ramble oh never lol :rolling::smiling::nerd::tongue-out3: i ai'nt that bad am i ? oh well i better cut down my rambebiling an cut my blogs short then as i dont want to bore you all lol :rolling:;):tongue-out3:
old boaty chris lol ps Bob sorry for cuttin into your blog but get the cake an tea out lol

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Min too Bob!
Blimey,this Floaty bug sure has grabbed you recently eh?!! ;)
This looks like it should be fun,i don`t have any Ships in my stash........ but i could be tempted!!
C`mon then...... Get cracking!!:tongue-out:
Andy

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Afternoon all

Many thanks to you all for the great interest in my seafaring efforts. I was not expecting that!! Will do my best not to c**k it up lol

Heres the sprues
20210611_154943.jpg
20210611_154957.jpg
20210611_155005.jpg
20210611_155013.jpg
20210611_155036.jpg

The superstuctures are moulded as built which will save me a lot of time, glueing, sanding etc. Theres a lot of outlines for placing the PE doors etc, so will leave.

Now a ? It seems that the superstruture is part of the hulls sides and i think the Airfix kit is moulded as one??

Will have to see if theres a seam or it will need filling?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just asking are there any Russian ones I could have a look at, not promising but as the forum now is awash ( See what I did ) with boats/ ship I just might .:smiling3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bob how could you, there must be some Russian ships I could build, oh and I know they weren't in 4BO either, mores the pity.:nerd:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The Potemkin would be a good one to do JR with all its revolutionary and mutinous history.

Seat front and centre for this one Bob. Looking forward to seeing how you tackle this build. Good luck with all the PE.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just asking are there any Russian ones I could have a look at, not promising but as the forum now is awash ( See what I did ) with boats/ ship I just might .:smiling3:
OH GO ON John i dare you to build a ship but dont set fire to it lol an there are plenty of russkie ship an some of them are quite hansom ship
old boy boatie man

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob how could you, there must be some Russian ships I could build, oh and I know they weren't in 4BO either, mores the pity.:nerd:
Not much call for a ship in 4B0. Hang on the Greenland navy might be interested!!

Zvezda, do 1 350 pre dreadnought Russian ships, not expensive, look bonkers

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
The Potemkin would be a good one to do JR with all its revolutionary and mutinous history.

Seat front and centre for this one Bob. Looking forward to seeing how you tackle this build. Good luck with all the PE.
Hi Steve, well i hope

Fun bit may be the painting, cannot beat a StuG, slap on everywhere the old panzer grey lol

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Guys just had a look at the prices ! Think I will watch Bob, plenty to build in the stash before I dip my feet !

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Stupid question time.....
With these ship kits,what sort of scale,(and that represent the best value for money), would be best for someone who struggles with any AFV smaller than 1/72nd?
....... I'm kinda guessing none!! ;)
Cheers,
Dim, from Devon

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Stupid question time.....
With these ship kits,what sort of scale,(and that represent the best value for money), would be best for someone who struggles with any AFV smaller than 1/72nd?
....... I'm kinda guessing none!! ;)
Cheers,
Dim, from Devon
HI Andy i cant quite understand your qeustion could you exsplain it a bit better an what AVF ?
CHRIS

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
HI Andy i cant quite understand your qeustion could you exsplain it a bit better an what AVF ?
CHRIS
Hi Chris,
Sorry,it does read a bit cryptic doesn't it!
What I was trying to say was,as I struggle with building a tank that's smaller than 1/72 scale, which scale Battleship kit would be best for me to try?.....
That is IF I were to add one to the stash!! ;)
Andy

• Haha
Reactions: JR