1/350 IJN Mikasa. Including heart attack.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4539

Hello my Friends.
This is my latest from Hasagawa,Lion Roar and Shipyard Models.
This was a fantastic kit to build and was a joy from start to finish.
Two days after I started this I was feeling quite unwell and to try and take my mind from it I tried to work on the kit.Well I could not grip anything and then suddenly I had to go to the toilet.In agony with diarrhoea, it was then I realised I was having an heart attack,the trouble was I could not physically stand up so I could not get to the phone.So there I am stuck on the bog trying not to pass out and trying to stand up,after about half an hour I managed to stand up and get to the phone,not thinking straight I rang my wife and told her to come home( she was only across the road at a friends),she then phoned for an ambulance and the rest is history.
All the best to you all.
Ralph.
DSCF5301.JPGDSCF5303.JPGDSCF5310.JPGDSCF5285.JPGDSCF5290.JPGDSCF5293.JPGDSCF5301.JPGDSCF5278.JPGDSCF5279.JPGDSCF5270.JPG

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ralph,
I'm really glad you are on the mend. That must have been a scary moment. The build is superb it looks fabulous. Take things easy and get yourself well again.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ralph
What a frightening experience. Just glad you're through it. Hope you are now fully recovered.
As for the model - superb. The rigging must have taken a whole heap of patience and skill.
Jim

D

Deleted member 4539

Ralph,
I'm really glad you are on the mend. That must have been a scary moment. The build is superb it looks fabulous. Take things easy and get yourself well again.
Cheers Paul :smiling2:.
To be honest there was no fear or panic.And I am feeling so much better now.

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Ralph
What a frightening experience. Just glad you're through it. Hope you are now fully recovered.
As for the model - superb. The rigging must have taken a whole heap of patience and skill.
Jim
Cheers Jim:smiling2:.
I feel so much better now.
As for the rigging it took me two days and about ten hours and was a bit mind numbing but well worth it.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Firstly Ralph, sorry to read of your heart attack and glad you are feeling a lot better.

As for the model. Superb job. All round excellence!

Take it easy, o.k.?

Ron

D

Deleted member 4539

Firstly Ralph, sorry to read of your heart attack and glad you are feeling a lot better.

As for the model. Superb job. All round excellence!

Take it easy, o.k.?

Ron
Cheers Ron :smiling2:.
I'll take it easy, I'll have a day off tomorrow from modelling and hopefully go fishing.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ralph
Glad to hear you are on the mend and that is a mighty fine little ship that you have built.

John

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ralph,
Glad you got through the heart attack safely, sadely a friend of mine recently didn't. So go easy. The fact that you can still do rigging means you're recovering well.

Nicely finished Mikasa and base.

Cheers,
Richard

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
And this is a relaxing hobby ! Anyway, I'm glad to read you seem better.
The ship, brilliant. It has so much life about it. Not knowing anything about ship models, how big is it ?

D

Deleted member 4539

Ralph,
Glad you got through the heart attack safely, sadely a friend of mine recently didn't. So go easy. The fact that you can still do rigging means you're recovering well.

Nicely finished Mikasa and base.

Cheers,
Richard
CheersxRichard:smiling3:.
Sorry to hear of your friend.

D

Deleted member 4539

And this is a relaxing hobby ! Anyway, I'm glad to read you seem better.
The ship, brilliant. It has so much life about it. Not knowing anything about ship models, how big is it ?
Cheers Colin:smiling3:.
The kit itself is 15 inches long.