1/350 U-Boot Typ VII C

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wouter...a one year wait...I gave it a few more days before coming in and wasn't dissapointed. Good progress in less than one third of the time I normally do my builds. :smiling6: Welcome back to the work bench. :thumb2:

Looking forward to the seascape base.

Cheers,
Richard

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Sorry Wouter i missed it too.... this wonderful build... well done... FANTASTIS DANK U MIJNHEER....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Figures, Rigging and the sea!!! Good luck with that then :smiling5:

I wish you all the best mate. I am sure a man of your infinite talents will make it all work

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great build Wouter.
When I rigged my 1/350 sub, the hardest part, apart from the wires themselves (The safety wires at the side of the conning tower were a sod to do) was doing all the diddy wire tensioners for the fore and aft wires.
As Steve writes "Your infinite talent" will win the day....... :thumb2:

First Name
Wouter
Hi Bob, thanks for the compliment chap ^^

Robert, thanks mate. And you'll do fine, take your time and the results will follow :smiling3:

Richard, ditto, my usually workspan on a project is many many many years :smiling5:. Glad you like her so far ^^

Ross: welcome aboard skipper, and thanks!

Greg
, no need to apologise, plenty of stuff going on her, hard to keep up with everything. Dankuwel copain!

Steve, yeah, thanks for the encouragement LOL. Infinite talents, great compliment. Although not true I'll take it, many thanks :smiling3:

Hi Ron, thanks mate. yeah, I reckon a lot of swearing will be involved.

Well then, just a small teaser. The U-boot's crew has arrived:
U-Boot Typ VII C (22).jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Wouter
I presume those North Star figures are 3D printed. Is it a kind of plastic?
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Superb work so far Wouter. Now to go blind painting the crew......

First Name
Wouter
Hi Wouter
I presume those North Star figures are 3D printed. Is it a kind of plastic?
Jim
That's a very good question, I think it's 3D printed indeed. It looks a bit like resin but without the smell. Maybe it's some kind of plastic indeed but not 100% sure

Hi Peter, thanks mate. Yeah, they are way too small. My eyes hurt already and I didn't even started except for a basecoat :astonished:. Thinking that Marijn Van Gils even painted thousands of 1/700 figures is even more mindboggling...

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
If those figures came in 1 part as showed in the picture the're definitely 3d printed, looks printed in a resin and then cured layer by layer with a laser.

Looking forward to see the figures in action Wouter ; D
Cheers,
Steven

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Those figures are insane Wouter!! Is it my eyesight or do some of them have no hats on/cut off heads??

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Wouter,
Really like where this is going and those figures will be a tester, but for you a walk in the park.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Looks like a challenge there mate! Gotta keep an eye out for an update on them little folks :smiling4:

First Name
Wouter
Ralph, thanks mate.

Thanks for the info Steven, and you don't need to wait too long to see them painted :tongue-out3:

Hi Steve, yeah they are insane. And your eyesight is good. Some of them have caps, some bare heads, some even have binoculars in their hands :dizzy:

Hi Paul, not sure if you could call that a walk in the park, not really a great figure painter myself. I must admit I enjoyed it though ^^. Thanks chap

Si, always good to have some challenge ey. You will be served Sir.

So, the crew are painted and put in place. I decided to use five. I tried not to paint them in a too uniform way. So some of them are wearing darker shade leathers, while others have the light grey U-Boot jacke for maintenance crew. Some variation in the caps as well. One guy is just wearing his hair. :smiling5: Two chaps are looking through their binoculars trying to spot enemy vessels, while one of them (Herr Kaleu - Captain Lieutenant perhaps?) is looking at a map.
I used Humbrol enamel paints. figures all received two highlights, some shadows where painted as well. Quite subtle really, especially since you won't see too much with the naked eye.
I added a tootpick just to show the size.
One photo is of the work in progres with the basic color tones in place but no highlights/shadows yet. Shows a bit the insane detail on these figures.
U-Boot Typ VII C (25).jpg
U-Boot Typ VII C (27).jpg
U-Boot Typ VII C (28).jpg
U-Boot Typ VII C (29).jpg
Hope you guys like it a bit. I sure enjoyed painting these buggers. Will be a good preparation for Yamato's crew :poop:

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Well I like it very much Wouter! Nice work on the figures :thumb2:
Cheers, Steven

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Wouter,

I have been following this and after the latest pictures of the crew, I think we have to deem you "Insane" and in need of new meds my friend. Those figures are so tiny and you managed to make them look so good. I suppose you also painted their eyes and eyebrows too. Fantastic stuff and a great start on the base!!!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Very impressive Wouter! Especially the figures- I wouldn't have thought it possible, never mind HIGHLIGHTING THEM!
Respect!
Neil

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Great to see you've started working on the seascape Wouter :thumb2: Looking forward to the next step. Cheers,
Steven

Last edited: