1/48 A-6A Intruder by HobbyBoss

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Maciej did you see the u-tube blog of one of the ground crew getting sucked into the air intake of one of these plane an it striped off his outer top garments into the engine on that side but the chap hung onto a lip inside the air intake untill the pilot could shut down the engine very frightening indeed an he was very lucky to be alive an on another u-tube blog the same chap talks about what happened an how he felt at the time afterwards
chris

mrtintheweb

mrtinthweb
First Name
Toby
Another model that makes me wonder how it’s really done. If mine were 50% this good I’d be chuffed!

Any pics with something to give it visual scale?

T

First Name
Maciej
HI Maciej did you see the u-tube blog of one of the ground crew getting sucked into the air intake of one of these plane an it striped off his outer top garments into the engine on that side but the chap hung onto a lip inside the air intake untill the pilot could shut down the engine very frightening indeed an he was very lucky to be alive an on another u-tube blog the same chap talks about what happened an how he felt at the time afterwards
chris
Hi yes I did see that, and if I say that that would give me another panic attack may be understatement lol.

First Name
Maciej
Another model that makes me wonder how it’s really done. If mine were 50% this good I’d be chuffed!

Any pics with something to give it visual scale?

T
Hi that's too kind sir, I'm still learning and still many mistakes made. I can take a pic with measuring tape if that's what you mean by visual scale.
Thanks

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Maciej very nice indeed.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YEA I fully aggree it is a outstanding model an not just an ordeinarary build what makes it in my opinion is its built ready for the maintance crews to jump on to
chris

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great result Maciej, your Intruder has a suitably worn look to it.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL i love US NAVY PLANES so Maciej so whats next a nice tomcat eh ?
chris

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I think I was still under meds when this came out...not bad Maciej. The radome tan is slightly on the dark side but could be lighting form the photo. Navy planes will have the edges of the undercarriage doors painted in red for caution aboard carrier duties. Overall nice worn look.

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YEA you are right Richard Navy planes will have the edges of the undercarriage doors painted in red for caution aboard carrier duties. An i dint notice that but still a brilliant model work all the same i love it
chris

First Name
Maciej
I think I was still under meds when this came out...not bad Maciej. The radome tan is slightly on the dark side but could be lighting form the photo. Navy planes will have the edges of the undercarriage doors painted in red for caution aboard carrier duties. Overall nice worn look.

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard
You are absolutely right about tan I just could not find and mix anything that would make me happy :smiling3: and you right about undercarriage doors somehow i missed to do so on front, thanks.