1/48 Airfix Ju-87B-1 Stuka

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Looking very nice, I love the cockpit details ;)

Maybe you can add some subtle wear and tear on the engine (some metal scratches etc) but that's just my thought, it looks great as it is ;)

Steven

First Name
Maciej
Looking very nice, I love the cockpit details ;)

Maybe you can add some subtle wear and tear on the engine (some metal scratches etc) but that's just my thought, it looks great as it is ;)

Steven
Hi Steven
That's not bad idea at all. I shall take it on board and find some pictures (if there is any) of engines and try not to mess it up lol.
Thanks

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi Maciej

I am not a plane modeller but your build looks really good to me, especially the cockpit.

First Name
Maciej
Hi Maciej

I am not a plane modeller but your build looks really good to me, especially the cockpit.
Hi Peter
Thanks that's my first plane and cockpit, if it looks good that thanks to Photo Etched parts not me lol, but thanks.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Not much to say there.
If I can say with out getting boohed at a couple of the seams could have been a bit better befor the paint went down.
The Paint is very good and well weathered. Great job on the canopy it looks like you might have missed a few frames though. Although they could have gotten worn off in handling.
A great job all round. Good photos as well.
Dont feel bad. I had to look long and hard to find the few things I did. But if this was your first, I would love to see the next offering.

First Name
Maciej
Not much to say there.
If I can say with out getting boohed at a couple of the seams could have been a bit better befor the paint went down.
The Paint is very good and well weathered. Great job on the canopy it looks like you might have missed a few frames though. Although they could have gotten worn off in handling.
A great job all round. Good photos as well.
Dont feel bad. I had to look long and hard to find the few things I did. But if this was your first, I would love to see the next offering.
Hi Ian
Thanks for Your input. Your Sir are absolute right, just spotted worn off canopy frames, lesson learned I will see if I can somehow fix the outside ones but dont want to go too fare as I can make it even worst lol.
Thanks again and appreciated Your input.

selrach

SMF Supporter
Hi Matt, In my humble opinion, excellent job on the cockpit details and overall paint appearance. As you may already know, the framing of the canopy could be done more neatly. The canopy itself is not the best quality. The plastic is too thick and distorts the light passing through. A vacuform canopy that you buy online would I think look much better. Look also for precut vinyl masking. If its available, the frame painting would be much easier.

First Name
Maciej
Hi Matt, In my humble opinion, excellent job on the cockpit details and overall paint appearance. As you may already know, the framing of the canopy could be done more neatly. The canopy itself is not the best quality. The plastic is too thick and distorts the light passing through. A vacuform canopy that you buy online would I think look much better. Look also for precut vinyl masking. If its available, the frame painting would be much easier.
Hi, you are right with canopy as it was my first plain loads of mistakes made and learned a lot :smiling3:. I had vinyl masking but did not varnished it and it came of when touched. Thank you.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
The overall appearance of this aircraft shows a "well worn" and much used theme. I did notice that the canopy frame as well as the canopy track don't show as much wear as the rest of airplane. Just an observation on a very nicely built model. Rick H. :thumb2:

First Name
Maciej
The overall appearance of this aircraft shows a "well worn" and much used theme. I did notice that the canopy frame as well as the canopy track don't show as much wear as the rest of airplane. Just an observation on a very nicely built model. Rick H. :thumb2:
Hi Rick absolutely right Sir and thank you, another note taken on board:smiling3:
Matt.

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Very nice, I did notice the canopy but nothing to add that hasn't already been said.
The wear and tear on the engine is a very good shout.
The Stuka received a lot of attention from our Hurricanes and Spitfires and once Goerring ordered repeated Sorties into Britain mechanics worked endlessly to service and repair them so a lot of cowling/engine/frame banging ensued.

I usually research the aircraft and look for decent pictures for reference.

Lovely lovely example, spot on!

Del