1/48 Bf109G-2 black 13

T

treyzx10r

I've not done a 109 in over 20 years so I figure its over due. Hasegawa looks like they have done a good job with the kit fit wise. I want to do Gunther Ralls black 13 from Jg52 having a time finding an actual pic of it though any leads would be great!

The usual start in the office ,pretty straight forward ,did add a little wiring

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hey Trey, nice office.

Found this -

WW II ACE STORIES

http://www.military-art.com/mall/more.php?ProdID=24170

http://www.luftwaffephotos.com/

Hope it helps.

Tony.

Last edited by a moderator:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Trey I must have some pics somewhere. I'll see if I can fight my way through Xmas trees,decorations,young relatives etc later!

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've only found the usual images that don't show much of the aircraft so far and that awful colourised one that keeps appearing.

Here's a profile by Sundin which agrees very much with another I have seen by Crandall. Crandall's was actually signed by Rall himself.

It is a standard 74/75/76 scheme but with a very solid application of 74 on the sides.

If I stumble across anything worthwhile I'll post it.

Cheers

Steve

Allyne has posted one of the one's I meant! Must have been typing at the same time!

Ooops,the 'awful colourised' picture I was thinking of is Bartels not Rall......the memory isn't what it used to be!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

treyzx10r

Tony , Steve , and Al thanks for your help! Steve I know thats a lot of 74 on the side, its hard to tell but did the 75 also have a few splotches on the side as well? It seems to have some on the rudder and a little on the engine cowl. I have the basic airframe together and I'm very pleased with the fit,no filler at all !

T

treyzx10r

The carpet Monster ate one of the tiny engine cowl scoops so I'm forced to scratch one. I rifled through my limited spares and decided a drop tank tip will suffice.

I think this will do as a fix,here with the RLM 74 it blends okay

and the mask is almost ready for some RLM 75

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
FWIW I bet there was some RLM 75 in the original mottle,maybe even some RLM 02 on a G-2,but I think the RLM 74 was applied over it. You could well be correct about the RLM 75 in the mottle on the empennage and under and infront of the cockpit.

It looks good so far!

Cheers

Steve

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks great Trey

First Name
Dave
Looking good Trey.An interesting camouflage scheme.I was wondering how you were going to tackle that.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Coming along nicely Trey.

Vaughan

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Looking very nice Trey, very nice indeed matey.

Have fun, John

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's an interesting way of doing it Trey! Looks good though. That colour on the side was not factory applied so a diffuse edge with overspray is fine.

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Dave used 'poster putty ' for the first time on this one. Vaughan,John,and Ian thanks! Steve from the pics I figured it was a field mod,thanks! I finally got the decals down ,had to use a mix of a few sheets and some silvered a bit. I went over them with some micro sol after pricking tiny holes with a fresh #11 blade it helped(some). I've washed it and just starting to do some mild weathering.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice job and an interesting solution to that tricky camo.

Colin M.....