1/48 Dornier Do17Z-2 ICM

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely Barry.

Thanks for the tip on the temporary attachment of the canopy. I've recently acquired some German night fighters and was wondering how to approach the issue of the cockpit guns.

All the best.

Andrew

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I have been around ‘spotting’ with Mr Dissolved Putty.

This has two purposes, to fill seams that still show and highlight spots where some more treatment is needed. The ‘dissolving’ self levelling properties of this material really comes into its own here.

Tomorrow I will treat these ‘spots’ as needed, either with sanding sponges/sticks or cotton buds as needed. Another primer coat and anther check to follow.

7C33CB75-B070-4F7E-8CC9-7DEA6EEC9100.jpeg

1FB1D6CC-25F2-47C6-BB4A-2CC7B168DD58.jpeg

First Name
Jean-Marc
I have been around ‘spotting’ with Mr Dissolved Putty.

This has two purposes, to fill seams that still show and highlight spots where some more treatment is needed. The ‘dissolving’ self levelling properties of this material really comes into its own here.

Tomorrow I will treat these ‘spots’ as needed, either with sanding sponges/sticks or cotton buds as needed. Another primer coat and anther check to follow.

View attachment 453082

View attachment 453083
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNice !

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's coming on very nicely Barry.

The Mr Leveling Thinner cleaning/paint finishing technique is an interesting one. Not come across that before and thinking about it you get double the use of it for no extra cost. Is it something you stumbled upon or was it something you saw recommended?

Keep up the great work.

Andrew

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
That's coming on very nicely Barry.

The Mr Leveling Thinner cleaning/paint finishing technique is an interesting one. Not come across that before and thinking about it you get double the use of it for no extra cost. Is it something you stumbled upon or was it something you saw recommended?

Keep up the great work.

Andrew
It was originally an experiment. I found that the finish on a model was not as smooth and shiny as usual so I tried this out and was amazed at how well it worked. I previously noticed how lacquer based varnish reactivates the paint below it when you do really wet coat, flooding the surface, exposing the primer colour. It occurred to me that this quality might be useful with Mr Levelling Thinner and I was right.

Only use it with lacquer paints though and don't flood the surface. I find a mist coat works wonders, sometimes several mist coats might be needed to really get an improvement on worse surfaces. It has worked for me for finger marks.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
It was originally an experiment. I found that the finish on a model was not as smooth and shiny as usual so I tried this out and was amazed at how well it worked. I previously noticed how lacquer based varnish reactivates the paint below it when you do really wet coat, flooding the surface, exposing the primer colour. It occurred to me that this quality might be useful with Mr Levelling Thinner and I was right.

Only use it with lacquer paints though and don't flood the surface. I find a mist coat works wonders, sometimes several mist coats might be needed to really get an improvement on worse surfaces. It has worked for me for finger marks.
Thanks Barry for the info. Much appreciated.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
After using white tac snakes to mask up I sprayed the lighter green, RLM71.

If I have time I will mask up for the hard edged splinter camo later today but it might not be until Monday.

893908E6-B565-4F80-8CA8-70E55657FF3A.jpeg

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very nice Barry