1/48 Dornier Do17Z-2 ICM

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
A photo of the nearly complete model.

I have the aerial wire to do, gloss the wing tip lights and wait for the pva glue to dry - oh, I need to apply some matt varnish to areas of the undercarriage as well just to get that to look like something approaching acceptable.

The engjneering of the u/c is terrible, it is weak and was very difficult to get firmly in the right position. So a lot of ca was smeered in places it should not be as a result of many failed attempts. … I did get there in the end but it is far from ideal.

8213EB37-1017-4FDB-839C-F9431850A78F.jpeg

This model will not stay on the display shelves for long after taking photos. That’s not only because I am not pleased with the result but the u/c is so weak it won’t last long.

This one is definitely not up to the standard of what I experienced from previous ICM kits, but is far from the worse kit I have had. As I said before, it demonstrates the journey ICM have been on.

I will do a completed thread soon.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Sorry to hear about the problems with the undercarriage.

It's turned out very nicely indeed despite your problems.

Well done.

Andrew

Magneto

Oberleutnant
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A photo of the nearly complete model.

I have the aerial wire to do, gloss the wing tip lights and wait for the pva glue to dry - oh, I need to apply some matt varnish to areas of the undercarriage as well just to get that to look like something approaching acceptable.

The engjneering of the u/c is terrible, it is weak and was very difficult to get firmly in the right position. So a lot of ca was smeered in places it should not be as a result of many failed attempts. … I did get there in the end but it is far from ideal.

View attachment 454438

This model will not stay on the display shelves for long after taking photos. That’s not only because I am not pleased with the result but the u/c is so weak it won’t last long.

This one is definitely not up to the standard of what I experienced from previous ICM kits, but is far from the worse kit I have had. As I said before, it demonstrates the journey ICM have been on.

I will do a completed thread soon.
Great build Barry! One thing you do get is more experience. For me the idea is always to get through the rough spots and come out better the other side!