1/48 Hasegawa- Conversion Seaking to HC4 : Falklands Conflict

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

Woe no3 of this kit. It is such a winner. A joy to build. With the extra add-ons it is intricate & exciting.
Why I bought the third, this one, some time ago heaven knows. But it has to be built. Yow 6 months I think.

Even for the moment shelved the last 3 Jersey Airport passenger aircraft.

Laurie

RUAwMP.jpg tfQDFs.jpg Aa0xZX.jpg LsYNQ4.jpg JuyPGX.jpg BoCOh9.jpg shKDLs.jpg TMWy2T.jpg tL0Pzl.jpg zRJFoi.jpg gcQKxK.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 5496

This is going to be really interesting Laurie.
Are there any size/dimension issues with the US version compared to RN Seakings?
Jon.
Yes you are right hope patience is at her best.

Size not wandering into those realms Jon. Especially as I have to do enough
with out altering fuselages. However I bet there are. Westlands did so many
things with the SeaKing.

Laurie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Laurie
Great project and lots of nice stuff to work with. I've only ever built one helicopter and I found all the glazing quite hard. It does look a nice kit.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Laurie,
I will pull up a chair and lean on the desk mate let me know if I get in the way.

D

Deleted member 5496

Hi Laurie
Great project and lots of nice stuff to work with. I've only ever built one helicopter and I found all the glazing quite hard. It does look a nice kit.
Jim

Thanks Jim. I have built about 10 1/72 in a row Jim for my Jersey Airport. Still have 3 to go.
But Helicopters at 1/48 are definetly my very favourite. So much intricate detail. Have another
3 to go On my Falklands dio.

Sad jersey Airport 50/60s no record of a helicopter landing. Must have been but no record.
Closest was one crashing on Guernsey Airport. One little Dove to tidy then it is SeaKing time.

Laurie

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes you are right hope patience is at her best.

Size not wandering into those realms Jon. Especially as I have to do enough
with out altering fuselages. However I bet there are. Westlands did so many
things with the SeaKing.

Laurie

As far as I recall from my SK course there are no external dimensional differences between the Sikorsky built and license built Westland cabs. Most of the observable differences are to do with the aerial layout or the AEW scanner bag and in the case of the HC4 the landing gear is fixed and has one less Hyd pump I think. There were also five blade tail rotors on early SK’s so do your research.
At some point the internal cabin was extended further back to the transportation joint I think.
Later HAR3’s (the RAF cabs) had improved design main lift frames made from machined billets rather that fabricated sheet metal, these have a different serial series and HF aerial layout along the port side and were designated HAR3A.
The intakes went through some different configurations too. Early cabs were open to airflow with a FOD deflector later adopted, the final configuration for British SK’s had the large filter box installed called EAPS/SNIPS. This equipment was fitted to some foreign SK’s.

D

Deleted member 5496

Thanks for the info Rick.

David Parkin of Flightpath has done a very thorough job on the conversion set.
Do not know how he got all his info. But it is very thorough.

Laurie

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wow Laurie.
You are a Seaking addict!!!!.They are hard to get kits now and e.bay prices are shocking.The Aew mk.2a was going for sily pennies.I will pull up a pew next to Paul.I definately want to see you next year to marvel at your Seakings.Ive sadly only got 3 1.72nd kits of them and must build one sometime!!!!!!.
Watching with much interest
Richard

D

Deleted member 5496

Wow Laurie.
You are a Seaking addict!!!!.They are hard to get kits now and e.bay prices are shocking.The Aew mk.2a was going for sily pennies.I will pull up a pew next to Paul.I definately want to see you next year to marvel at your Seakings.Ive sadly only got 3 1.72nd kits of them and must build one sometime!!!!!!.
Watching with much interest
Richard

Yes they are hard to get Richard . Every where you look "sold out".

Shame Hasegawa did a special of a Falklands SeaKing. It has vanished.
Surprised they have not re-issued as there is still a good amount of adds on available.

I definately want to see you next year to marvel at your Seakings.
And I you. Thought long about starting a club on Jersey. Do not
see any other model makers.

But having been involved in other organizations I always seem to get stuck with
being "muggings" organising all the time. So decided sit tight.

Laurie

PS yes got one pew left. You can be airbrush cleaner :tears-of-joy: