1/48 Italerie Chinnook, Bravo November Falklands Conflict

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

My latest addition to my diorama British equipment seventh finished out of fourteen, used in the Falklands Conflict. 1982

Atlantic Conveyor the large merchantman arrived just off the Falklands. Harriers flew off to the carriers as did one
Chinnook : Bravo November.

An Argentinian Etendard delivered an Exocet missile which sank killing many & condeming 4 Chinooks to Davy Jones.

Bravo November flew continually tho. the conflict carrying goods & weapons.

Laurie

Plh6B6.jpg pluees.jpg UNsZVJ.jpg 1CVFdL.jpg ALmJf3.jpg jzxHML.jpg wtpTEm.jpg MS6cBe.jpg 2idTrR.jpg eNqVRb.jpg GR6bDt.jpg CwAb1W.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
very nice, must be quite a size in that scale

one little glitch is the troops armed with SA80/L85 rifles......didnt come into service til towards the end of the 80s

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very realistic BN is.Is this a kit what you built or a bought one ? an I could never understand why the chopper landin gear has double wheels at the front an only single wheels at the back where all the wheight is eg. engines an such. But a fantastic dio you have really gone to town on it I like very much :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
chris

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great job Laurie, very nice. As you say BN flew throughout the war. I read somewhere that one of the pilots remarked, he had never flown a helicopter with so many warning lights illuminated. I wonder what happened to BN

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I flew on BN in Afghan it's the only Aircraft to have been awarded DFCs. It has now been retired to the RAF museum.
I have hooked quite a few underneath that cab.

Marty
Nice bit of history Marty. Thanks for the info. Nice to know the old dear wasn't scrapped and can now live a life of comfort.

Ah, I didn't take in Pete's comment as I typed.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
From the RAF Museum website: "The forward fuselage of a former USAF CH-47D Chinook has been cosmetically restored to represent the famous Falklands Veteran RAF Chinook HC Mk 1, ZA718 'Bravo November'. "
Sorry chaps.
Pete