1/48 Italerie Chinnook, Bravo November Falklands Conflict

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

Thanks very much people. Apologies for the delay in thanks.

Afraid 80 years takes it's toll on an ancient body.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

very nice, must be quite a size in that scale

one little glitch is the troops armed with SA80/L85 rifles......didnt come into service til towards the end of the 80s

Well yes but more than the rifles head gear & one or two other things. They are actually Airfix Afghanistan era.
But could not find any of the Falklands 1982 time.

Laurie

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice work Laurie.
A little late perhaps but here is BN’s sister cab, ZA715 BL, photographed over the deck of SS Canberra off Ascension Islands en-route to the Falkland Islands in 1982. I think you have the paint scheme spot on but as this contemporary photo shows the aerial and defensive aids arrangement are slightly different to your superb model.
Hope this finds you in good spirits.
321B4D1B-17F0-4587-8C84-4B2FA6BAC0C6.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5496

Nice work Laurie.
A little late perhaps but here is BN’s sister cab, ZA715 BL, photographed over the deck of SS Canberra off Ascension Islands en-route to the Falkland Islands in 1982. I think you have the paint scheme spot on but as this contemporary photo shows the aerial and defensive aids arrangement are slightly different to your superb model.
Hope this finds you in good spirits.

Er r er photo of the invisible nature Rick.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Apologies for not commenting sooner and always late to catch the boat. Really nice build there Laurie.

Cheers,
Richard

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Should not worry Rick I have about 20 of ZA718. Which I copied from.

Regards

Laurie
I’ve attached the photo I was referring to. You can see that BL does not have the defensive aids blisters on the aft rotor pylon or under the pilots window, the aerial layout on the roof is also different.

D

Deleted member 5496

I’ve attached the photo I was referring to. You can see that BL does not have the defensive aids blisters on the aft rotor pylon or under the pilots window, the aerial layout on the roof is also different.
No picture Rick. But just to say Rick more interested in the dioramic scene than blisters. Can live quite easily with that.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Very nice Laurie, looks spot on

Lee

P. S. Is that a RN Wasp to the left? If so, what kit?

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Laurie

Missed this first time around. Very, very good indeed.

Very well done.

Andrew

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Yes it is Lee. It was a lovley little kit really enjoyed producing it.

Made a lot of alterations to bring it to 1982 form.

Just had a look on Ebay. Oh dear about £90 Phew.

View attachment 433086
View attachment 433087 View attachment 433088 View attachment 433089

For my sins I used to live on Portland, every opportunity I would go to a viewing point and watch the Lynx, Wessex, Sea Kings and Wasps take off and land at the Naval base, I used to spot the grey war canoes that where in too... sad spotting life I had before I joined the senior service

Lee

D

Deleted member 5496

For my sins I used to live on Portland, every opportunity I would go to a viewing point and watch the Lynx, Wessex, Sea Kings and Wasps take off and land at the Naval base, I used to spot the grey war canoes that where in too... sad spotting life I had before I joined the senior service

Lee

Like all of that Lee interesting.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

Lee
Just remembered Lee. some probably over 10 years ago (probably more but want to forget) we had a motor cruiser. Got over to Chichester then along I of W then among others Portland. Turned into the big anchorage, a sort of bay in itself, there in Portland & stayed the night. Later with car visited & explored. Nice area with Weymouth. Moored there as well.

Laurie

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Just remembered Lee. some probably over 10 years ago (probably more but want to forget) we had a motor cruiser. Got over to Chichester then along I of W then among others Portland. Turned into the big anchorage, a sort of bay in itself, there in Portland & stayed the night. Later with car visited & explored. Nice area with Weymouth. Moored there as well.

Laurie

It's nice as a visit/ day run but to live there... not again!

Lee