1/48 Revell He111 H22 & V-1 Rocket

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Alan
Great progress. You're making a fine job of this unpromising kit. Canopy masking looks neat and time consuming.
Jim

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Did the 'squiggles' on the V-1. Not totally happy with them but. When you dry fit it to the aircraft you see hardly anything of it. So i'll accept that :smiling3:

IMG_2288.JPGIMG_2289.JPGIMG_2290.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looks good Alan.

A really stupid question if you don't mind......

Was the camo purely to try and hide it whilst on the ground, or was it intended to offer some camo effect when it flight, so that if looked down at from above it might make it less visible.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
A really stupid question if you don't mind......

Was the camo purely to try and hide it whilst on the ground, or was it intended to offer some camo effect when it flight, so that if looked down at from above it might make it less visible.

If i'm honest Andrew i have no idea. But i've always liked 'squiggle' schemes

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's a right fancy bit of A/B work there Alan.....I'd be more than happy if I could achieve that effect in 1-87 scale. Looking forward to seeing how it works out on the 111. :thumb2: Rick H.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Actually it doesn't look quite as bad in natural daylight. Think it might be the camera and the room lights that made it look quite grainy last night.

IMG_2291.JPGIMG_2292.JPGIMG_2293.JPG

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looks good to me. Don’t forget that German aircraft in the real world were generally not as neatly painted as models of them are :smiling3: (Probably especially cruise missiles like this, given the conditions under which they were manufactured plus the fact they were one-use flying machines anyway.)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely Alan keep up the great to work, sky-high rather you than me on all that masking.....!!

ATB.

Andrew