1/48 Revell He111 H22 & V-1 Rocket

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Best of luck Alan. I'll be watching carefully how you go about it. I have a ZM He-219 and the squiggles is a camo option too. I need to learn all I can....

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Another question if I may, Did Bf-110 G-4's use the squiggle pattern too? I know Do-217 night fighters and Ju-88's did, but I've been out of the wing thingy end of the hobby for many years......

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
ARRRGH my eyes! Cramp in my hand too. But it's done. Bit rough around the edges but i think it'll suffice. I'm sure the guys that applied the paint in real life weren't so bothered about neatness and accuracy either.

IMG_2556.JPGIMG_2557.JPGIMG_2558.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Another question if I may, Did Bf-110 G-4's use the squiggle pattern too?

Not like on my He-111. But they did do the 'dot pattern' as i called it. You see it on late war Ju88 and He219 nightfighters as well. I'm sure there is some technical German name for it.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I think your squiggles look spot on.

Some bloke stood on the wing, a ladder, whatever, and applied it with a spray gun. I always remember that when I'm doing something similar :smiling3:

Some Bf 110 G-4 night fighters got a very heavy squiggle (wellenmuster). It was applied with RLM 76 over RLM 75.

I'm sure that the example in the RAF museum has been re-sprayed incorrectly, the wrong way round if you know what I mean. It's is a shame as it is one of only two extant Bf 110s in the world.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Alan,

That has turned out beautifully a real credit to your skill. Very, very well done indeed. And as you say, blends nicely with the V1.

Keep up the great work...... Once of course your eyes and hand have got over the experience! ;)

ATB.

Andrew

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's turned out very nicely Alan.

Well done.

Andrew