1/48 Revell He111 H22 & V-1 Rocket

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I'll see how i feel next weekend (my weekend off). Might have calmed down by then :smiling3:

Besides. The wurger box is out of the stash now. Would be crazy of my to put it back now and miss out on my Fw190 fix lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI AL will you be starting again on this build as I was enjoyin that ?
chris

Reactions: JR

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Hi Chris

Yes i'll be starting it again/finishing it after this latest Fw190 build :smiling3:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris

Yes i'll be starting it again/finishing it after this latest Fw190 build :smiling3:
OH Great Al I'll look forward to it CAN you please pm me
when you start it again as I normally miss it till nr the end
chris

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Yep no problem Chris. I'll do that :smiling3:

First Name
Carl
I shall watch your progress Alan.
interstingly it looks like the undercarriage areas are part of the wing on your model where as mine were part of the wing supports from which to fix the wings. the wings have quite a curve upwards so i had to g-clamp the under wings over night to make sure the glue cured properly.
unfortunately, the wing fitment started going bad from here on in.
on a plus not the Eduard masking for the glass is an absolute god send And fitted almost perfect to every glass panel.

Last edited:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Have come to a stop on my Fw190 build due to me losing my painting masks for the national & number markings. No idea where they've gone. Will have to make up a new set.

Anyway in the meantime i've dragged this off the shelf of doom to try and get it somewhere nearer finished. @boatman Told you i'd re-start it at some point lol

I've now re-attached the wing that broke off and have filler drying on them both. Almost forgot just how bad a fit they were (the whole kit really). The grand canyon would be proud of the depth. Also added the tailplane.

She's a really big bird.

IMG_2275.JPGIMG_2276.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Certainly is poor Jim. If ICM had done a H22 then i would have bought that one in a heartbeat. But the (very) old Revell one is the only game in town.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
There's an awful lot of glass on these 111's Alan......I wouldn't be surprised if you see a considerable amount of the "office" once you get the tape removed, that is. ;) :thumb2: Cheers, Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Building up nicely Alan. Glasshouse is so iconic on these birds and yours is coming along really well.