1/48 Skyraider

First Name
Dave
I'm currently building a Monogram 1/48 Skyraider.I bought this kit in the early 90's whilst working in Saudi Arabia and its been up in my loft ever since.Recently found it and decided to build it.I like these old Monogram kits as they contain loads of internal detail and with a bit of extra work to get rid of the raised detail can be made into nice models.

View attachment 25676View attachment 25677View attachment 25678View attachment 25679

This is a very old kit and i started to just throw it together.Then i decided i didnt like the raised panel lines and decided to remove these and scribe new lines.Of course i made a few mistakes so had to fill these and rescribe them.

View attachment 25681View attachment 25680View attachment 25682View attachment 25683

The kit has a nice selection of under wing stores. These aircraft could carry a masive load for their size (6 to 8000lbs)

View attachment 25684

As its an old kit the wing guns and tail mounted pitot tube are moulded to the fuselage and wings respectively.Unlike a modern kit where they are seperate items. I'd like to replace the 20mm cannon with brass items but can't seem to find any.I've now got to the primer stage .I don't usually bother but as this kit is moulded in dark brown plastic it needs a coat or two of light grey primer.

View attachment 25685

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks like you might have a problem with the photos here Dave...

Ian M

First Name
Dave
Im having trouble posting on this site when i try to include photo's.I type my post,add the pictures and as soon as i hit the post reply tab it logs me out and tells me i don't have the authority to perform this action!.2nd or 3rd attempt it works!.God knows whats wrong.I've tried using two different computers but it doesnt make any difference.This time my wifes emailed the photo's to her lap top and im trying to post from there.Only it looks like she's reduced the picture size so they can be emailed.I'll get it right eventually.Im spending valuable modelling time trying to sort this!