1/48 Sukhoi - 27 Vietnamese Air Force

T

TranDuy

Finally Sukhoi - 27 is done. This is Su-27 in Vietnamese Air Force Scheme.
My painting video :
My last commwork before Lunar New Year. I tried lots of new technique in this model. Some i find very promising and some need to be improve in the future. Hope you guys like it.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpgIMG_9781.jpgIMG_9783.jpgIMG_9784.jpgIMG_9788.jpg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Very good-looking model. I didn’t notice at first that it’s actually a three-colour camouflage :smiling3:

T

T. van Vuuren

Outstanding paint work, I like the hot section stains on the engines well done.

Theuns

T

TranDuy

Very good-looking model. I didn’t notice at first that it’s actually a three-colour camouflage :smiling3:
Thank you so much. Yeah , the Vietnamese Air Force Scheme is very hard to find the exact color :sad: i did lots of research but still this is a s close as i can get.
Outstanding paint work, I like the hot section stains on the engines well done.

Theuns
Thank you so much , the hot metal is one of my experiment with clear color over metal color, it's look promising but i will refine it more in the future to make it look better

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Yeah , the Vietnamese Air Force Scheme is very hard to find the exact color :sad:
I must say I like the pale and medium blue plus grey.

i did lots of research but still this is a s close as i can get.
Doing a quick Google search for “Vietnamese Su-27” I find a fair number of photos, but the colours in them differ quite a bit, so it’s hard to say anything definitive. The patterns seem to be a bit more hard-edged than on your model, though. I don’t suppose the Vietnamese Air Force has open days on which modellers can come and photograph planes? :smiling3:

T

TranDuy

I must say I like the pale and medium blue plus grey.

Well the color i mix in m own taste because i cant find any correct, but this is so close :D and i'm glad it turn out like this. i boughtt a fair amount of blue paint and try some mixing ratio:D
Doing a quick Google search for “Vietnamese Su-27” I find a fair number of photos, but the colours in them differ quite a bit, so it’s hard to say anything definitive. The patterns seem to be a bit more hard-edged than on your model, though. I don’t suppose the Vietnamese Air Force has open days on which modellers can come and photograph planes? :smiling3:
Yeah. i have bad memories with masking putty to do hard egde camouflage in the past so im usually free hand camo pattern . ANd too bad all i can see the Su is via photos, old photos because the goverment keep all of military vehicle secret. and no one have ever been close to Su-27. Just saw it on television , at that all.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Tran

That really is a very nicely finished model. Bravo, and if every they attack the Smurfs they will be invisible.
John

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Yeah. i have bad memories with masking putty to do hard egde camouflage in the past so im usually free hand camo pattern .
It certainly looks convincing. It wasn’t until I looked at photos of the real plane that I saw it’s hard-edged there — in fact I think yours looks better :smiling3:

ANd too bad all i can see the Su is via photos, old photos because the goverment keep all of military vehicle secret. and no one have ever been close to Su-27. Just saw it on television , at that all.
Strange, since there are plenty of photos of Vietnamese Su-27s online, but unfortunately something you just have to live with as a modeller :sad:

T

TranDuy

It certainly looks convincing. It wasn’t until I looked at photos of the real plane that I saw it’s hard-edged there — in fact I think yours looks better :smiling3:

Strange, since there are plenty of photos of Vietnamese Su-27s online, but unfortunately something you just have to live with as a modeller :sad:
Well there are lots of photos but just not enough angle of the aircraft and most of the photos is long out dated , this camouflage scheme used long time ago and i heard that they used newer scheme now but no information or photos was found because everything is keep secret

T

TranDuy

Im really like soft edge camouflage, it;s look more nature and look faded. But i will try sharp edge camouflage in the future :D

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Well there are lots of photos but just not enough angle of the aircraft and most of the photos is long out dated
I’m not an expert on the Su-27, but if I search the Internet a bit, it looks like the blue/grey scheme the Vietnamese air force used, is also found on Russian planes — so I guess it was a standard scheme that the factory just added Vietnamese markings to instead of Russian ones.

i heard that they used newer scheme now but no information or photos was found because everything is keep secret
I did find this:

233873-0.jpg

But is this an Su-27 or an Su-30? I don’t know enough about the planes to tell them apart.

T

TranDuy

I’m not an expert on the Su-27, but if I search the Internet a bit, it looks like the blue/grey scheme the Vietnamese air force used, is also found on Russian planes — so I guess it was a standard scheme that the factory just added Vietnamese markings to instead of Russian ones.

I did find this:

233873-0.jpg

But is this an Su-27 or an Su-30? I don’t know enough about the planes to tell them apart.
That is Su 30 my friend, my country have Su 27 and Su 30, i built this one too. I build this one around 2016. And the scheme i think its for the air force and the blue is for navy

Attachments

• 13767416_1047584641961635_7696338344900702891_o.jpg
    13767416_1047584641961635_7696338344900702891_o.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2
T

TranDuy

I did find this:

233873-0.jpg

Yeah i saw the blue gray is for all Su-27, but VNAF did mix some color, i dont kniw because the color looks fade out. But i quite a challenge :D im glad i made it throught