1/48 Tamiya Fw-190 F8/9

K

Kressy13

Hi guys,

Well this is my next build, hoping it goes nice and quick. Being tamiya im not expecting any fit issues or the like. If anyone has any tips for this 1 they would be greatly appreciated. Well better get started then.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 31713

FW-190.jpg

M

msm2

I was going to start this one next week but that is if I finish my work room off. Will follow with interest.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Its Tamiya, its a Fw 190 what could go wrong?

The one I build almost fell together and was a super little bird.

Ian M

T

T. van Vuuren

That looks like a nice kit.

I recon that Tamiya is so good it lets us forget how to build "normal" models that actually needs some work to get right LOL!

I like the crew that goes with it, could be turned into a good little dio.Post some pix of the build please.

Theuns

K

Kressy13

Hi all, finally got a bit of time so have got a bit done on this one. Went together well and have sprayed the RLM 78 on the underside. A question. I was only able to get the colours i needed in model master enamel. How long do i need to wait before i can mask and paint the next colour? Have little experience with enamels.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 33126

View attachment 33127

Fw-190 002.jpg

Fw-190 001.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Kresten,I worked with enamels for years and one of their features is somewhat erratic drying times. Generally I would leave at least twelve hours before masking for another colour. Some needed even longer. Some of the White Ensign Colorcoats seemed to take days to dry!

RLM78 on the bottom? That was usually the underside colour of the tropical scheme. RLM76 was the designated underside colour in the ETO. The two are fairly similar and 76 varied a lot.

Cheers

Steve

K

Kressy13

I cant get vallejo where i am or i would use that. lol. Geez you sure know your stuff Steve. Well 78 is on the bottom because it is a tropical scheme. Got RLM 79 and 80 on the top. Should be fun to do and will stand out amongst all the other aircraft on the shelf. Well i have left it for 24 hours so it should be ok. Thanks.

Cheers

Kresten

K

Kressy13

Hi. Well it took me an hour and a half but i got it done. RLM 79 on. Thank god for that. First time i have done a desert camo plane. Am happy with it so far.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 33228

Fw-190.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Wow ! it only took you an hour? Dude that is seriously good. A first attempt at a desert cammo as well. Well done.

Ian M

K

Kressy13

Hiya. Well ive got the main decals on, just stencils to do. Also have most of the other bits and pieces good to go. Starting to look like it should. Steve, do you have any pics of the weathering that these aircraft would have in this camo. Thanks mate.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 33264

View attachment 33265

Fw-190 003.jpg

Fw-190 002.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looking good. As far as weathering goes on tropical birds there's generally a fading of the paint,particularly on surfaces that receive direct sunlight. Also you quite often see the paint scoured of the propeller,particularly the front (which oddly is the side facing the back of the aircraft). Generally they are pretty clean,just the usual "walkway" wear and oil leaks. I've got some piccies of desert 109s if that would help.

Cheers

Steve

K

Kressy13

Thanks steve. I have already finished the weathering and what not but ill keep it in mind for next time. Ill post up the finished pics when i get the base done.

Cheers

Kresten

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Top notch job on the cammo. Kresten. It has really come out well.

Ron

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Brilliant job on that paint work. You can certainly handle that airbrush !!

Regards

Colin M........

K

Kressy13

Thanks guys. Makes me feel heaps better about it. Might have to have a go at some more desert aircraft in the future. It stands out in all the other camo on the aircraft. Well i thought i would put a couple pics up of the base i have made for it. Just tried to recreate a small patch of desert. Think it looks ok for 5 mins of painting. lol. Will post up the finished plane in the aircraft section soon.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 33586

View attachment 33587

Fw-190 base.jpg

Fw-190 base 2.jpg