1/48 Tamiya SS-100 & 88mm Flak 37

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks guys.
Well I'm plodding along. Actually I'm almost done :thumb2: Although having said that I always find the very last jobs to do seem to take quite a time.

Base will be a wet, muddy track. Think December '44 - the Ardennes.
P1060324.JPG

P1060325.JPG

P1060326.JPG

Tractor and 88mm all muddied up. Still to fit the wheels and figures to the 88mm and the PE wipers to the tractor. When everything is fixed to the base I'll carefully blend the tyres into the track.
P1060327.JPG

P1060328.JPG

P1060330.JPG

P1060331.JPG

Thanks again for all your support. Somehow seems more important now with all this lock down, shielding etc.

Stay safe and moggle on :thumb2:

Jim

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Jim. I like what I’m seeing now you have convinced me to buy this kit great job

D

Deleted member 6559

A fine base and very convincing wet-weather weathering Jim. Lovely stuff.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks guys for your positive comments. This is my first attempt at "mud". Years ago I saw a muddy dio by a great modeller called Carl Startin - way beyond my skills but made a lasting impression. More recently I've loved John R's ground work with his cold, dirty snow and Ron's stuff also inspires.
This is Sculptamold over a foam base. The mud is VMS pigment with different VMS pigment binders. Great VMS videos on YouTube. John sells the full range of VMS stuff.
The wheels are on the 88mm and the wipers are on the cab screen. How long the PE wipers will last I don't know.
Thanks again for your support.
Jim

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Thanks guys for your positive comments. This is my first attempt at "mud". Years ago I saw a muddy dio by a great modeller called Carl Startin - way beyond my skills but made a lasting impression.
Was that his little Simca? It appeared on my FB feed a few weeks ago.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well gentlemen I'm calling this done. First 1/48 scale I've built. The match up of the Tamiya tractor and the Italeri 88mm worked OK, the figures being the main mismatch. First time I have tried to show a very muddy scene and generally I'm happy with it although lots still to learn.
I really appreciate all those who looked in and/or commented :thumb2:
Photos in the completed section. HERE
P1060340.jpg a.jpg

Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Outstanding Jim. Really enjoyed following this one come together. You had to overcome a few hurdles but it was well worth it. I will pop over and have a look at the final pics.

First Name
Jean-Marc
WOW,WOW,WOW..Just stumble on your post, you did quite an impressive job .. very inspiring .. Well done SIR and thank you for sharing it with us, it's quite appreciated !

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well gentlemen I'm calling this done. First 1/48 scale I've built. The match up of the Tamiya tractor and the Italeri 88mm worked OK, the figures being the main mismatch. First time I have tried to show a very muddy scene and generally I'm happy with it although lots still to learn.
I really appreciate all those who looked in and/or commented :thumb2:
Photos in the completed section. HERE
View attachment 392115

Jim
Jim. I hate to comment on such a old post but you did a great job on this can’t believe I missed it. 2020 was a bad year for me.

Reactions: JR