1/48 Tamiya SS-100 & 88mm Flak 37

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Some lovely additions going on there Him. Will you be putting in the interior cab light with LED bulb wired up to a battery under the seat?? LOL

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Jim
Just caught up with this build. Some very nice detail going into this quarter scale flak gun and tractor.
Lovely work so far.
Cheers
paul

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Once again you're all very kind with your comments. Especially welcome in these trying times. Here in Oswestry we are fine. We seem to have avoided the worst excesses of panic buying and moronic behaviour which I'm sure some of you have had to endure.
Anyway back to the SS-100. Otto and Fritz von Shortarse have returned to duty after their surgery. A bit rough and ready but at least their feet touch the floor and their pose is better. Primed with light grey Stynylrez.
P1060275.JPG

The other cab parts were also primed.
P1060274.JPG

The inside of the cab was primed. I fitted the door cards and the tiny scratched door handles stayed in place.
P1060276.JPG

P1060277.JPG

Thanks again guys. Stay safe wherever you are and moggle on.
Jim

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Nice to see the wet stuff going on Jim. Keep up the great work my friend

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
You would think that in the lock down I would have more bench time but in reality I am finding it hard to concentrate and I've taken on the job, the wife's orders suggestion, of upgrading the fences around the garden. I'm about half way and I must confess they do look better.
Anyway onwards and upwards. Little men done. My 1/35 figures are poor so at 1/48 they're even poorer but inside the cab they'll do.
P1060278.JPG

Dash done. Tiny and the decals are individual instruments.
P1060279.JPG

Cab roof sorted along with seats and floor. They're a work in progress at the moment.
P1060280.JPG

P1060282.JPG

P1060283.JPG

The clear windows are oddly done. I think I'm going to cut out the individual windows and cut a couple to look as if they are half wound down.
P1060281.JPG

Stay safe everyone and keep your spirits up. I watched a programme last night about VE Day. If those people can come through what they suffered and stay upbeat then we'll come through this b****r of a virus.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Jim,

I think your tiny figures look very good for being 1/48 Sir!!! Too bad the guy in the middle lost the fight and got a black eye. He will heal though. Top work all around and I hope you get a little more bench time to keep this great build going!!!

Bleib Gesund
Allen

PS, Ahhh Jim, I think one or two of the crew have a bladder problem according to the next to the last photo...……….

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
A little bit of progress. Took more time than you'd think.
Windows cut down and fitted. What's the betting at least one breaks off and fall inside when the cab is buttoned up :rolling:
P1060290.JPG

P1060291.JPG

Figures fitted in place. The size difference is not too apparent - maybe Hans the driver is naturally big boned :tongue-out3: Getting him to actually hold the steering wheel and have a foot on a pedal was a bind. I have dusted up the floor - more to do when everything is solid.
P1060292.JPG

Stay safe and hang on in there.
Jim

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Put the pedal to the metal! The figures certainly look good Jim.Nice bit of glazing too.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Thanks Steve :thumb2:
I got the cab all fitted together. Can't see much of the figures, good thing really, but at least they're in. Not sure how to mask up the windows yet.
P1060299.JPG

Been adding PE. Some very tiny bits which took a lot of time.
P1060293.JPG

P1060294.JPG

P1060295.JPG

P1060297.JPG

P1060298.JPG

The PE handles were replaced with wire. I've only done one side of the cab so far. The other side is today's job.

Thanks for looking. Stay safe.
Jim

D

Deleted member 7181

It's hard to imagine just how small those PE parts are from the pictures, but now I've got a similar sized model in front of me I'm gob-smacked!

As for the figures - you've even painted the buttons and eyebrows! Cracking stuff Jim.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
All the bits and pieces primed with Stynyrez and then base coated. The windscreen was masked with Tamiya tape and then the corners/edges filled in with masking fluid. It worked better than I thought it would so I feel happier about masking the windows in the cab.

P1060302.JPG

Jim

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Bob and Paul - thanks guys.
Tractor is all fitted together apart from a few small odds and ends and the wheels. Decals on and details painted - not much to do there. All based coated and the first stages of weathering done.
P1060317.JPG

P1060318.JPG

P1060319.JPG

P1060320.JPG

P1060321.JPG

Started on a simple base. A board covered with layers of foam. Used Sculptamold for the first time. Mixed as per instructions with some cheap brown acrylic mixed in. I rather like it. Hasn't cracked or shrunk but did take a few days to dry even though it was not very thick.
P1060322.JPG

P1060323.JPG

Stay safe and carry on :tongue-out3:

Jim

First Name
Wouter
Hi Jim, completely missed this one but glad I found it. Very nice work I must say, and it seems you are going for the uncommon subjects last couple of years. I like that. Paintwork is really neat and I must say I like how the weathering is turning out so far. It's very subtle, not overdone, but you can see it's there. Very cool. Nice start for the base too!

Cheers

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I seem to have missed a few updates on this one Jim, sorry :smiling4:

Looks to have come together nicely

That Sculptamold stuff is good, much better than the Celluclay

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Me too. I do like what you have done with the cab. A very nice finish indeed. The PE Hanomag is a nice touch. Nice to see the base being started. Keep up the good work my friend