1/48th Scale Saturn 1b.

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
IMG_0001 (46).JPG IMG_0001 (47).JPG IMG_0002 (17).JPG
These are drawings again from David Weeks for the Saturn 1b. This will also fly. I've received the kit and plan on making major modifications to the CMSM, the LES, SLA along with additional details not found in the kit. It's a generic version as the Saturn V is. Not acceptable. This will be my next project after the Saturn V is finished.

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Being the same scale as the Saturn V, I will use several parts from the same sources. Also the same building and finishing techniques. The CMSM and SLA will be repeated by the same source from Shapeways who makes 3D printed parts. EVA handles, systems tunnel covers, display nozzles, LES, IU and whatever else. At some point, I will show you the kit and maybe some instruction shots explaining construction details.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Being the same scale as the Saturn V, I will use several parts from the same sources. Also the same building and finishing techniques. The CMSM and SLA will be repeated by the same source from Shapeways who makes 3D printed parts. EVA handles, systems tunnel covers, display nozzles, LES, IU and whatever else. At some point, I will show you the kit and maybe some instruction shots explaining construction details.
YES DO SO Steven lets see the kit
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
View attachment 415786 View attachment 415787 View attachment 415788
These are drawings again from David Weeks for the Saturn 1b. This will also fly. I've received the kit and plan on making major modifications to the CMSM, the LES, SLA along with additional details not found in the kit. It's a generic version as the Saturn V is. Not acceptable. This will be my next project after the Saturn V is finished.
Hi Steve, will keep a close eye on your satin5 48th scale rocket as I want to scratch build one , how high is it , Tony

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
IMG_0002 (22).JPG
IMG_0001 (56).JPG
IMG_0003 (2).JPG
What came in the box. Much of this will be chucked in favor of using 3D parts as I have been doing on the Saturn V. The fuel tubes are roughly two thirds the diameter of a full tube as you can see in the last photo.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
The Saturn 1b will be my next project. I'm still working on the Saturn V though have taken a sabbatical. You know, "I don't feel like doing anything on this". I'm redoing the finishing on the SM then post some more pictures. Thanks Christopher.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
The Saturn 1b will be my next project. I'm still working on the Saturn V though have taken a sabbatical. You know, "I don't feel like doing anything on this". I'm redoing the finishing on the SM then post some more pictures. Thanks Christopher.
OK Steven looking forward to the pics hope you are well
chris

First Name
Jean-Marc
Pretty interesting project , you bet I'll be following your WIP !.. it's in my prefer scale !..