1/48th Scale Saturn V

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Steven it looks like you are back in your starbucks then ?
chris

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
If, (and that's a big if) it's sunny tomorrow, I'll shoot the first color coat of gloss white on the upper section. Then the 'fun' part, taping it all off for the gloss black roll patterns. The Service Module is removable for separate painting of aluminum so no taping from the SLA is required. Just the radiator panels. Easy enough to do.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Will it be sunny where you live? I'll ship it out pronto to you. ;)
NO Steven i live in norfolk in uk an in this country its nearly always raining an cloudy ugh we do get a few days out of the whole yrs when its sunny as im waiting to spray my tiger hull again but i bet im still waiting by nxt july lol
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Oh go on Chris, Norfolk is the driest county in the UK isn't it?
Pete
not from what ive seen Pete since about half way through sept then we only got a couple of nice days since then thought id grow waterwings an webbed feet nothin but rain rain rain rain an more rain lol urg everything is waterlogged even me wellies lol an jen was annoyed as the wet stuff destroyed her roses back in about august urg
chris

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yup. The Starbucks I've gone to has them all around in pic #55 as well.
Well Steven you got to have some nice pine trees an such better than desert isnt it nice to see some greenery as there's loads in jolly old blighty uk now back to this rocket so you are ready to spray the white an cant cause of the wheather well you are in the same boat as me as i cant spray my tiger hull so we will just have to be patiene an wait till nice wheather no other way around it if i was still livin in my old house with the big rooms (servants qauter's) as it was the lord of the manor's house back a cenutry ago i could have took my hull up there like i did my big
USS NIMITZ hull an sprayed with no problems but i dont now as in a smaller house so the wheather is now in controll im afraid till nxt july time aaaaarrghhh
chris

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Used to live in Phoenix, AZ for roughly two decades so the weather was certainly more acceptable for painting outdoors. Yet I much prefer the forested regions as we get a truer form of four seasons here. Not so with the desert.

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
I've applied two coats of gloss white on the third stage and aft interstage. Sanding will be next and additional coats will be applied till smooth. Then the masking for the black roll patterns. Nothing really to see at this time until the application of the black.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I've applied two coats of gloss white on the third stage and aft interstage. Sanding will be next and additional coats will be applied till smooth. Then the masking for the black roll patterns. Nothing really to see at this time until the application of the black.
OK Steven looking forward to some pics when you do the black
chris