1/48th Scale Saturn V

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Steven
I applaud your courage in opening up yourself to us, and your inner strength that becomes apparent in your coping mechanisms. I think your skills are outstanding - really looking forward the the end result! Congratulations!
Steve

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Thank you guys. The Starbucks I go to has opened up to 50% seating now and I've jumped all over that. Been bringing this back to work on and everyone's happy to see the the rocket and I again. My son got me a gift card for the coffee shop for $20.00. I told him it was worth a million! He knows what the coffee shop does for me. Such a simple gift can bring a 61 year old to tears. That's the stuff of life.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great to see you posting again Steven, glad your Star Bucks has reopened , a perfect pick me up for you .:nerd:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Steven the saturn is lookin good an are you back in the starbucks restaraunt building your saturn yet as some piccys would be nice
chris

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Just had a quick catch-up. Is coming on very nicely.

ATB.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Agree with Tim, certainly gives us a reference point. Its no wonder Starbucks welcome you in with that, must be a big draw Steven.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
This thing has seen an extraordinary amount of attention. Oddly enough, women seem to find this an interesting topic. So many people want to see this fly. The manager Terri will allow me to post the launch date and place when ready.
HI Steven it will be great hope you post the vid on here an funny you should say that women show more intrest its the same with my ships when i take them sailing i get more intrest an questions from the ladies than the men
chris

StevenRB

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Later on in the week, I'll be showing the painting of the S-1VB Aft Interstage. The hardest piece to mask. I'll be using a fine tip Sharpie pen for the outlining of the horizontal sections, then fill in using a Testors black paint marker. This will be the base coat followed by three coats of spray paint.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good to see this is still moving on. Looking forwards to the updates.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Steven look in chit chat through my Boatmans spaldeing pics as there is a nice big chinese rockect model picture i took for you in there
chris

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That is a huge model Saturn V. Either that or your car has a really bad ass exhaust on it routed really badly through the passenger seat!
The detail you’re putting into this behemoth is fabulous.
Keep up the great work
Paul