1/700 scale IJN Ships make over

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Now that's what I call detail painting. 1/700 scale - that's incredible.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Richard
Now that's what I call detail painting. 1/700 scale - that's incredible.
Jim
Thanks Jim, with Vallejo acrylics and not rushing it is very enjoyable to detail paint in thin coats and slowly building up the weathering effects. The ships are going to be the next fun subject for weathering with acrylics.

Cheers,
Richard

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Still glued to this Richard. It is everything I expected, and more. Keep going.
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John...must be strong glue you're using. Glad you like what's going on. I have an end June deadline if I can make it.

Cheers,
Richard

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I really enjoy your dioramas, Richard. They are always full of such intricate detail, especially this one !
John.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Damn that's good Richard!!

Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks John and Andrew...didn't see the replies.
I really enjoy your dioramas, Richard. They are always full of such intricate detail, especially this one !
John.
I tend to revisit my dios that have been neglected and improve or add detail that I have learned through the years. This dio is easily 20 years in the making and was stalled by PE and rigging which caused me to work on the harbour more. Glad you like it.
Damn that's good Richard!!

Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew
Sometimes I sit back and marvel at what I have achieved. Don't think I'd be able to do it all over again.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The right side of the dockyard kind of looked empty so I decided to add oil storage facilities. It's a small wedge of space so I sawed the Tamiya oil storage structure using less than a quarter of it.
The flat surface needed detail so I will add stairs to the side and railing at the top...you can see I have marked out in pencil where the stairs will go.
20220523_131616.jpg
I've got the platforms cut out similar to the what's on the giant crane legs. I'm using PE for the oil container and solid stairs which I have engraved on a piece of plastic strip that will be sliced and cut into correct lengths. PE railing will be attached to the sides.
Lots of work to be done on the giant crane with cabling and hook.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Okay...a bit more today...fitted in the platform and zig zag stairs and railings to the top but still needs railings to the individual platforms. The bottom lip had to be sliced off to fit the spot intended. I didn't compensate for the extra bit of the backing.
20220524_170140.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Golly Richard!!! I just did a ketchup on this with the optivisor on. This is most beautiful and exquisite work Sir. Micro madness at it's best!!! It's no wonder you have to take a break from it as if you didn't, you'd go blind for sure.............

Prost
Allen

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Good Golly Richard!!! I just did a ketchup on this with the optivisor on. This is most beautiful and exquisite work Sir. Micro madness at it's best!!! It's no wonder you have to take a break from it as if you didn't, you'd go blind for sure.............

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, good to have you back and yeah I am struggling with the eyes even with the magnifiers the focus goes blurr if I stare more than 10 minutes at the object that I'm working on.
I'm also working on the giant crane stairs...
20220524_175744.jpg
Got the engaved stair s placed and will add the railings.

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Wow, just wow!!! That's tiny.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
A bit more done just now on the giant crane with railings and ladders...
20220525_114319.jpg
I added a door at the end of the walkway. The kit doesn't show any way into the work house so I'm improvising. I'm sure there is a way in but was too lazy to search for reference and not too worried of riveteers. Might do another walkway and door on the opposite side...perhaps entering higher to another floor level with stairs leading to it from the walkway...that would be interesting. I can really go bonkers with this.

Cheers,
Richard