1/72 Academy Fieseler Fi 156 Storch.

T

Triumph

When I started this I thought the glass house cockpit would be a problem but in fact it was the under cart and wing supports that was a headache as they didn’t fit to well and had to cut them about. Love the Storch. I see it as Germanys answer to our Tiger Moth

F

Fenlander

Another very nice clean build. Have a soft spot for it myself, keep promising myself a 1:48 Tamiya kit one day.....

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's a lovely clean build. It's a nice little model isn't it? I built one a while back as part of a desert diorama and liked it a lot.

I always considered the "Storch" equivalent to our "Lysander". They were both STOL types,but a Tiger Moth...why not!

Cheers

Steve

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely build but brilliant pictures as a result of the clever use of the base and backdrop.

Š

Španac

It's always nice to see Storch in all forms. This scheme is one of my favorite and is very nicely turned out. Personally, getting ready to build 1 / 72 of the Heller Kriegsmarinen variants.

Congratulations on making.

T

Triumph

\ said:
That's a lovely clean build. It's a nice little model isn't it? I built one a while back as part of a desert diorama and liked it a lot.I always considered the "Storch" equivalent to our "Lysander". They were both STOL types,but a Tiger Moth...why not!

Cheers

Steve
Yes yer right there stona I guess it’s the long nose where I draw the comparison with the Moth. BTW Here’s what I made of the Airfix Lysander

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's lovely too! I take it he's off to land some S.O.E. type somewhere in France. I have to say that the "Storch" has by far the finer lines.

Cheers

Steve