1/72 Airfix Severn Lifeboat diorama....At sea.

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Thanks Andy.....I'll need more than a single tube of silicone to tackle that beauty of yours though!I remember you wrote you were thinking of 'doing' a Lifeboat next....You wouldn't go far wrong choosing this Severn Class....I think it's the best looking boat of the R.N.L.I. fleet by a mile.

Thanks again,

Ron
Ok Mate. A 7 class it will be, Keep watching, coming soon.

Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Joe, Tony, John and Andy, thanks for all your excellent posts and positive comments on my diorama.

The response has been amazing!

Andy.....Keep watching?...You betcha!

Thanks again boys,

Ron

First Name
Aaron
Awesome stuff Ron. I dig the choppy waves.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Awesome stuff Ron. I dig the choppy waves.
Thanks Aaron, I'm happy the way the waves turned out...and I'm glad you are too! lol

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
One word ! Awsome!! Nothing else to say ,

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Amazing mate, simply amazing! Its black magic how you can make these waves , its got a totally realistic sense of action , i love it ,and cant wait to see the next part of the trilogy! cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Alan and Tony for your great posts. I'm chuffed you approve of my diorama.....

Tony, giz a chance mucker. I've only just finished no. 2!lol.......but it just so happens....!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice job on the lifeboat, as we'd, expect but the sea! That is absolutely fantastic. It looks "alive". Movement is the most difficult thing to convey in a diorama but I can almost hear those waves breaking.

I've checked out your method Ron and maybe, just maybe, you've inspired me to have a go at a watery subject. My interest was piqued some time ago by a dio showing a sinking aeroplane with the pilot escaping via a wing. I think it's in the BoB museum at Ashford but could be wrong. I was always scared by the water, which incidentally was not in the same league as yours!

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks ever so much for the great post Steve. Not only am I chuffed you like the dio. but if it does inspire you, and indeed others to have a go at a "watery subject" then that's a big bonus for me!

Cheers,

Ron

C

CDW

\ said:
but if it does inspire you, and indeed others to have a go at a "watery subject" then that's a big bonus for me!
Well I'm inspired but not sure about capable.

Therefore I'm sending my Ark royal and a photo frame down to you to add the water effect.

When I get it back I'm just going to take all the glory. :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Bring it on, Colin......But don't forget to stuff some money in to pay for a tube of silicone!!!!!!!

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
N

noble

Exceptional and insperational work ron, a master piece if you dont mind me saying as many stars as is possible to give from me.

scott

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A brilliant job Ron. I spent a few years at sea watching the waves, and this is most realistic. Hats off to you Ron.....

I

ian lanc

This looks so real! I have an idea for the next boat build?

Why not build half a life boat and do it as if its gone over and just starting to right itself back up.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Scott, Colin and Ian.....Sorry for not responding sooner, but I've been running around in some woods over the week end - well, walking briskly anyway!

Thanks for the excellent posts. I appreciate your comments.

Ian, food for thought is that.......but after almost three 'seascapes' even I'm feeling a bit queezy!! Thanks for the suggestion, none the less.

Cheers all,

Ron

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
very atmospheric Ron, the pics are great too 5 stars all the way

steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Steve, seeing where you come from, this diorama reminds me of the Irish Sea.....on a good day!

I've sailed those waters on a bad day!!!!......Jeez!

S

steve244

truely a fantastic build ,if you did'nt know it you would think it was real

First Name
Andy
Hi Ron,

OOOoooooohhhhhh dear , opps, sorry Mr Ron, I couldn't reach a bag in time...

Top work yet again Sir, huge ***** from me...

Andy...