1/72 airfix swordfish finished

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job ian , it looks fantastic. Nice base and the scratchbuilt tail and rudder look perfect. Super result from a golden oldie !(the kit i mean , not you!!!) cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice result. I like it when someone takes a 'classic' kit and manages to produce a good model from it.

Colin M.......

A

andygh

I've been watching this build with interest. The Swordfish was my Old Man's favourite aircraft and the only one he ever got a flight in, I'm sure he'd have loved what you've done with this kit, a marvelous job

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You made a good job of that Ian, Well done.

Ian M

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Ian

Very nice build. Love the camo

Vaughan

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Alex i used fishing line for the rigging the good thing about it is when its all glued up if its a bit slack you can use a little heat and it shrinks and pulls tight but be carefull not too much

A

AJay

Thanks, Ian. It's worked very well.

As a side note, I was recently looking at WWI bi and tri-planes and was tempted to build one some day. There really are some wonderful colour schemes to go with and the kits are cheap.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
No problems Alex thats what were here for to help each other out. ps what you working on that needs wires

A

AJay

Nothing at the moment, but I may consider something in the future. Too many ideas and an extreme lack of get up and go at the moment....haha