1/72 AirfixF-18A Hornet

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
The yellow rings are a bit ragged Chris, but they're the best I could do.
That bomb is annoying - it fell off at a very slight touch a few days ago, but now it doesn't want to come off with a determined tug. Don't tell anyone it's wonky will you!
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
The yellow rings are a bit ragged Chris, but they're the best I could do.
That bomb is annoying - it fell off at a very slight touch a few days ago, but now it doesn't want to come off with a determined tug. Don't tell anyone it's wonky will you!
Pete
OH NO Pete my word is my bond keppem shuttum lol
chris

Reactions: JR

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Seems about finished to me! Final parts to fit were the tail hook, gunsight and the canopy. The gunsight provided is ridiculously thick, too long, and has an ejector mark right in the middle, so I started making a new one from one of the tags on the clear sprue, then realised it would still be too thick, so just cut a piece from a bit of clear packaging.
Anyway, here it is, I'll try to take some better photos in daylight then put up a finished thread.P1150591.JPGP1150592.JPGP1150593.JPG
Thanks for watching, now, what next? I have a Leopard, a Hind, Mosquito, Sea Harrier, Tiger, Wildcat, and quite possibly a few more animals that I've forgotten. Any requests?
Pete

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Seems about finished to me!
Looks good to me :smiling3:

Thanks for watching, now, what next? I have a Leopard, a Hind, Mosquito, Sea Harrier, Tiger, Wildcat, and quite possibly a few more animals that I've forgotten. Any requests?
Leopard, I’d say :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good Pete.

I'm with Jakko on the Leopard .

First Name
Drew
Just saw this post, seems like you had a pretty tough time of it!
Turned out well though, like many others on here, I'd have binned it long ago!

Quick question though, I've just started a Revell Hornet and wondered what colour you used for the top part. I haven't decided if I'm doing it lo-vis or not but would be good to know what colour you used as I was planning on using XF-19 for the lower part like you did.

Cheers

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Hi Drew, it was Mr Color Dark Sea Grey. It's a bit too dark, but sprayed nicely.
Pete