Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
nice job selrach, got anymore stashed away? cheers tony

N

noble

Lovely job mate i love the mottled camouflage on the fuselage as well as the black and white on the propeller. lovely indeed

scott

selrach

SMF Supporter
\ said:
nice job selrach, got anymore stashed away? cheers tony
I have a few more. I will have to get a better camera. Thanks, Yak Face.

selrach

SMF Supporter
\ said:
Lovely job mate i love the mottled camouflage on the fuselage as well as the black and white on the propeller. lovely indeedscott
Thanks Scott for your compliments. The secret that has worked well for me is to use paper masks with torn/rough edges. The holes for mottling also have rough edges. After placing the mask where I want with tiny loops of masking tape which suspends the mask about .5 mm above the model surface, I spray 3-6 coats of thinned out paint at medium pressure until the build up is as I would like. Most of the mottle spots can be done all at once on one mask. Everybody else seems to used hard edged masks, such as vinyl, blu-tack, photo etch or even paper. My experience is you don't get the subtle diffuse effects with these. I did however use a cut edge (paper) mask for the pattern on the tail, similar to what was actually done for the K-4. This mask was placed directly on the surface.