1/72 BOAC 707 diorama

B

BespokeLilBuilds

Hi everyone!
I've currently got a 1/72 BOAC 707 diorama under construction. It's such a massive aircraft (Heller kit) so I;ve decided to model literally underneath the aircraft.
Will have a couple of strips of grass at each edge & then grey tarmac & taxi lines painted on afterwards.
Also have a few figures (Including one with direcitonal batons) & a couple of diecast BOAC vehicles to add in!

Simple but something to show off my 707 on! DvP4_XJO.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Brilliant Richard I always loved the 707 in boac colours an in pan am I will follow your build could we have some close up pics of the cockpit with the boac tag shown
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI again Richard this is just a suggestion but she would look nice on a concrete hardstand you can but them from hannants in diferent scales for a few pounds hope you don't mind but i'll put a pic of my lightning on the hard stand so you can see if you like it an this is not a critisium of your model but on the tail I thought there was two white horiszontal lines an a union jack flag
chrisIMG_4012.JPG

Last edited:
B

BespokeLilBuilds

HI again Richard this is just a suggestion but she would look nice on a concrete hardstand you can but them from hannants in diferent scales for a few pounds hope you don't mind but i'll put a pic of my lightning on the hard stand so you can see if you like it an this is not a critisium of your model but on the tail I thought there was two white horiszontal lines an a union jack flag
chrisView attachment 337665

The 707 is pretty much out of the box from Heller so may be not 100% accurate (boxed as Air France but with BOAC decal sheet in too). I can always add/create additional details if the box kit doesn't have these. I think there may even be 2 blue lines in front of the tail that weren't in the box or were beyond saving.

I was contemplating a concrete base actually but wanted to see if I could create something "displayable". If it comes out odd I'll find something else :smiling3:

B

BespokeLilBuilds

Just a small update for the diorama. Support vehicles purchased or built. Just need to get round to painting my Bedford refueller & the vehicles should be ready!

gwmr5kCx.jpg

The Bedford is a Hobby Master 1/72 kit. Very quick but quite fun to build. Metal chassis/cab & small screws to hold tanker/cab onto chassis. Axles rotate as well. Very good for £9!
Little minibus is 1/76 & might be a bit small :sad:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome Richard, not a wingy my self but that is some model .:thumb2: