1/72 Emhar Anatra Anasal

C

Cameronian

A type I had never heard of, so had to have a go.

HcMFzaC.jpg

Usually I'm a 'straight from the box' builder but in this case I'm adding two crew figures and the rear MG (should be a Lewis but couldn't get one!). Between sparse instructions and more parts than I'm used to this is a challenge, the decals don't look much good either. There will now be a break for study and practice runs. "I'll be back".

C

Cameronian

szRllgV.jpg

Completed the intial sub-assemblies and splashed some paint around to get a feel for it, all in all looking a bit more straightforward than I imagined but looks like progress will be paint a bit, fit a bit, repeat. I just need to take my time.

C

Cameronian

Some progress; going to have to paint all that's been done so far as access could be a problem as more bits get added. It'll be given the Klear treatment to protect it during handling.

Cooling system was a bit tricky as the bits didn't fit too well and seemed a bit oversize. A better illustration of how it all went together would have helped too.

hL1DYGF.jpg

A hangover from my wargaming days, the magnetic flight stand is handy for painting.
iU7pTSm.jpg

Onward and upward.

C

Cameronian

The wings next, anticipating the usual struggle with wing geometry on fitting the struts.

4Km19t7.jpg

NIN8tbi.jpg

Abandoned the rear machine gun, it didn't fit the kit and the whole arrangement of the observer wasn't conducive to fitting the thing.

C

Cameronian

I think I'll apply the rigging bfore the undercarriage and propeller to avoid damaging them in handling. The end is in sight!

v07wzeF.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking very nice. Good luck with the rigging, it will really set the build off.

C

Cameronian

Thank you. The rigging is going to take longer than anticipated my grand plan hasn't quite worked out :disappointed2:

C

Cameronian

Build complete, just got to tidy the paintwork and give it a coat of varnish.

AL0tzig.jpg