1/72 Gripen

T

T. van Vuuren

Here is my 1/72 Italeri Gripen in SAAF markings. It was not a fun build with lots of filling and sanding.

The instructions also call for the SA flags on the fin to be put on the wrong direction, on mine they are correct.

Humbrol enamels with Future clear coats.

Theuns

View attachment 51505

View attachment 51506

models 044.jpg

models 043.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Good work Theuns, a nice looking Grippen.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
It was not a fun build with lots of filling and sanding
Looks like you've pulled it off Theuns, it's a cracking build mate.

Have fun, John

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx lads, the hassle is that I get bord with a model VERY quickly as soon as I need to fill and sand it.Then I leave it in the box for some time till I can no longer stand the thing just lying there so I finnish it off and out of my way asap LOL!

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic looking gripen theuns! You would never guess that it was a tricky build , it looks perfect. The gripen is a really handsome aircraft and the unusual diamond camo suits it well. 5 star job mate , cheers tony

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A great Grippen Theuns. It's always good when a difficult build turns out well.

Great work mate.

Tony.

W

Willie Steenkamp

SAAF Gripen.

\ said:
Here is my 1/72 Italeri Gripen in SAAF markings. It was not a fun build with lots of filling and sanding.The instructions also call for the SA flags on the fin to be put on the wrong direction, on mine they are correct.

Humbrol enamels with Future clear coats.

Theuns
I am 70 years old and building 1/72 scale aircraft of WW2, I started at 13 and have completed 748 up to date and 324 still in stock. My son, Hendrik, are building the SAAF and choppers in 1/72 scale. Unfortunetly he lost interest in plastic kits and are flying R/C models now. I am taking over his collection as I am running out of space, I have completed the Schackelton and are now busy with the 235 Casa and the Gripen. My question to you is; medium gray and light ghost gray using Modelmaster paint, is that correct for the SAAF Gripen, what is the underside colour scheme?? Hope to hear from you soon? Willie Steenkamp.