1/72 Hasegawa RAAF F-111C

K

Kressy13

Hi guys. Just started building this one up. My father was in the airforce a while back and used to work on these magnificent aircraft. So i thought i would make little model for him to remind him of other times.

The kit is well moulded with nice panel lines which you come to expect from hasegawa. I will be displaying the pig in flight so ive got a couple of pilots to squeeze into the pit, and i mean squeeze. lol. The detail seems alright given the scale of the kit.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 26933

View attachment 26934

View attachment 26935

View attachment 26936

F-111 001.jpg

F-111 004.jpg

F-111 002.jpg

F-111 003.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Kresten,

I hope this kit is better than the 1/48 Academy one I've got! It's pretty basic and the top half of the rear fuselage is a bit warped (common on every kit). I say it's a bit warped - it leaves a vertical gap of more than 5 mm and it is also about 5 mm too wide where it's supposed to join the front half of the fuselage! Don't know how I'm going to solve that one yet. Maybe I'll wait until Trumpeter or Tamiya make one!

You've done a cracking job of detailing so far on yours though. That's excellent work in such a small scale. I was browsing through some sites detailing the 1/48 build and a couple of them say that a lot of the RAAF 'planes had seat covers of black sheepskin. Don't know whether that applies to the one you're doing - just thought I'd mention it.

Gern

K

Kressy13

Hi gern. Yea i know what you mean about the academy pig. I have finished that one and came out well. Ill attach some pics. I know about the sheep skin covers too but figured with the pilots in place their wasn't much point. Have you not seen the hobby boss F-111? This is a much better kit and comes with poseable cockpit and flaps/slats. The weapon bay can also be shown open.

HobbyBoss

This is only one of them but they have nearly every version of the F-111 in this scale. Also if you still wanted to use the academy kit their is a couple of aftermarket places over here that make a fix for the problem.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 26937

View attachment 26938

View attachment 26939

all 103.jpg

pic 003.jpg

all 154.jpg