1/72 HobbyBoss Easy Assembly F-84 Thunderjet

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
This is a quick build - you get good results in a short time. I haven't blogged this - there are only 48 parts, of which 8 are rockets. I added a pilot, but you can't see much through the heavily framed cockpit. Fit is superb - dry fitting is not needed, if you do, you may not get the parts apart again.P1060241.JPGP1060242.JPGP1060244.JPGP1060245.JPGP1060246.JPG

There are two finishes - both natural metal with an olive drab top stripe. I chickened out on the second option, I just didn't fancy putting all those segments onto the drop/tip tanks - these are the remaining decalsP1060247.JPG
One observation - the decal placement drawings are tiny - Had to use my magnifying glass.
These Easy Assembly models give you a good result in a short time. I'd say they were absolutely ideal for a beginner, but more experienced modellers will be surprised at the level of detail. You can pick them up from under £7 - I've now a few in the stash -as mojo restorers, or a palette cleanser!
Dave

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
They are great kits for a quick build and fast build satisfaction. Would make superb starter kits for kids for the same reason.

Nice work on the paint Dave.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Dave
What a beautiful Aircraft I have a few of these don’t know if I have this on but if not I’m getting one

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Fast but nice looking build Dave :thumb2:
Cheers, Steven

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Total time for assembly was about 20 mins, painting 10 mins ( obviously + drying time ), and decals 30 min - just rough estimates, but you get the idea!
Dave