1/72 HobbyBoss F-22 "Raptor"

T

TranDuy

i have just finish Hobbyboss 1/72 scale F-22 Raptor. Its a good kit , little decal and great fit. When painting this kit im running into a problem . i want to re-create the metallic look of the aircraft but i cant, my paint was still to thick so i have to do everything again. Back to shading and highlight technique , after that i spray heavily thinned Silver paint on to the model to try to create the metal feel.. it look not bad but im not satisfied . I will try to figure it out how on the next model. And the piston that open the weapon bay is too long , it make the door almost touch the groud.i just find that out when people tell me, im still finding awaay to fixit , cut it shorter maysolve the problem , let me give it a try then
Here is my build video and photos
Thank you for watching guys !
IMG_6297.jpgIMG_6298.jpgIMG_6299.jpgIMG_6300.jpgIMG_6301.jpgIMG_6302.jpgIMG_6306.jpgIMG_6308.jpgIMG_6311.jpgIMG_6313.jpgIMG_6316.jpgIMG_6315.jpg

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Looks great Tran:thumb2:, the ''Raptor sheen'' is quite difficult to achieve, my Academy one is still on hold till I find some paints for it.:tongue-out3:
How was the assembly of the kit?
As I'm looking for a cheap Raptor for some bootleg decals, interested to know how your experience was with this one...

T

TranDuy

Looks great Tran:thumb2:, the ''Raptor sheen'' is quite difficult to achieve, my Academy one is still on hold till I find some paints for it.:tongue-out3:
How was the assembly of the kit?
As I'm looking for a cheap Raptor for some bootleg decals, interested to know how your experience was with this one...
the kit went all together very well. But before assembly , please wash every part with soap water, this kit have lot of oil on it . Beware of the front landing gear , its very weak. some small gap when install the air intake to the fuselage. and that all , simple kit :D

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
the kit went all together very well. But before assembly , please wash every part with soap water, this kit have lot of oil on it . Beware of the front landing gear , its very weak. some small gap when install the air intake to the fuselage. and that all , simple kit :D

F

Fishbone

Ah Hobbyboss Raptor, I've done one few years ago!

Attachments

• IMG_20160326_140800.jpg
    IMG_20160326_140800.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 6

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great result Transfer, the finish looks appropriate in the pictures