1?72 icm i-16

B

Bari

Don't know why I started this, its so tiny I can only just see the framing on the windscreen under a magnifying glass, I have no Idea how to mask/paint it. It may have to be a very thin strip of painted masking tape. I spent several hours on the engine as the side panels can be left off and i though it would be good to display it. However I dropped the engine and the cat batted it down the hall having caught it on the first bounce with a vicious swipe.After a vigorous discussion with the cat which was by now under the bed and very happy with its new toy I managed to retrieve it with only minimal blood loss. However it was beyond my expertise to repair which is why the panels are on, and when the hands have healed up I'll have a go at the windscreen.

View attachment 35924

View attachment 35925

View attachment 35926

View attachment 35927

View attachment 35928

View attachment 35929

View attachment 35930

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

First Name
Dave
Looks like a nice kit .Too small for my eyes as well.Which is why i do 1/48 these days.Loved your story about the cat.Although i bet you werent impressed at the time.My wife and i have got nine moggies.I model in my shed and darent leave any kits in boxes on the bench.If i do one of the cats will want to sit on/in it!.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cats, you got to luv em... I often find one or both of mine up on the bench inspecting the latest "whats he been up to today" sort of look about them.

In all fairness they have only bitten one thing off and knocked a few bits on the floor. Enough of that:

That is a seriously small kit. I am sure I have seen 1/144 that are bigger!!! Either that or they are some huge glasses!

Look forwards to seeing it with paint/decals.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice little 'Rata' barry , shame about the engine. looking forward to seeing it progress, cheers tony

B

Bari

Have now done a bit more, its nearly finished I have to do a bit of touching up, just seen thst I have forgotten to paint the tailwheel. I haven't managed to paint the top frame on the canopy, I found it too small to mask. I tried a strip of pre-painted masking tape but it kept snapping, also tried a very thin piece of coloured cotton soaked in Future but that didn't work either. Also to do arethe wires going from the wheel hubs to the u/c bays. For such a small model it came with separate elevators and rudder. which are easily knocked off (more than once). The gun barrels are supposed to be fixed to the tiny stubs sticking out of the wings, that didn't work either so I intend to slice the stubs off and drill some small holes and insert the guns. Finally I think I will have the cataracts done before doing another small model. You need good eyesight for this.

View attachment 36272

View attachment 36273

View attachment 36274

View attachment 36275

View attachment 36276

View attachment 36277

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
great job barry, lovely work, cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a little smasher Barry!

Gern

PS The Tempest looks b****y good too!

B

Bari

Thanks for the comments, I'm going a bit bigger for my next one as I have to make a Revell F1 car for one of the grandkids. At least I appear to be able to see most of the bits.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Hats off for trying such an unusual subject - well done. But, does anyone know if the real thing was any good ? It's not an aircraft I've come across before.

Colin M..........