1/72 MAN 8x8 Truck

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Haha, I'm sure you're right there Dave. And in 5 or 6 years time when she's trying to negotiate for a new kitchen appliance I will get the old "don't you remember the day you spent x on y..." :smiling2:

I remember my missus complaining about me spending £40 a week on beer. When I said that she spent more than that on cosmetics, she said she only bought them to make herself more beautiful for me. I told her that's what the beer was for - I don't think she's coming back!:tongue-out::tongue-out:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
Sorry just caught up with this. that is a great result and as already been said that finish would look good in a larger scale let alone in this. Each build is getting better and you will soon be leaving us behind.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thank you guys! I really appreciate the comments but let's not get carried away. I still have a lot to learn and years of catching up to do, but with such great examples being posted here all the time there's plenty to keep me pushing myself forward.

Plus with the decades or even centuries of combined experience I'm probably in the best place possible to pick up tips & tricks :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 7181

Whoops!

Added the final fiddly bits to this and gave it a coat of Vallejo matt varnish. Left it inside the utility room to dry out a bit then had a final look over before taking the finished pictures.

At which point I decided it would be a good idea to drop it onto the laminate floor. For good measure I bounced it off the edge of the worktop and a metal bin on the way down :rolling:

Thankfully there doesn't seem to be too much damage, nothing a bit of CA glue and a good cry won't fix anyway:

uGccWYz.jpg

Hopefully completed shots will appear in a bit :smiling3: