1/72 P-47D Thunderbolt “Pengie V” Capt. Boleslaw Gladych

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
While wrapping up my 1/48 Thunderbolt thought I would get started building this 1/72 scale one. This is my second 1/72 Thunderbolt I’ve built the first one was a 1963 Revell kit I built in 1989. I’ll be adding techmod decals and True Details resin wheels. Hope you Tag a long I’m posting intro pic. Updates will follow soon D8080715-8713-4517-A855-7B588D82E9AA.jpeg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Ditto that!! I love those big radials...not talking 'bout tires either! Have fun with this Lee
I'll follow along. Cheers Rick H.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul. Thanks for stopping by have a seat if you wish

Rick. Yes me too just love the Big Bird all around. Thanks for stopping by be glad to have you

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul. I thought so too

Ralph. I know it is the Academy kits seems to go together really nice and tight and most have a seamless fit. And I can’t wait to see what those wheels and tires are going to look like. Thanks for stopping by

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You seem to have put the engine together slightly incorrectly: the cylinders should be staggered so that the rear row is visible between the front one. Cooling air would have a hard time getting to the rear cylinders the way you’ve got the engine there :smiling3:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Jakko
The engine is not glued together I know how the engine goes I just did that for a quick photo don’t worry your pretty head off it will be correct when assembly is ready

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Jim thank you for stopping by I like that paint scheme also hope you stick around

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
In that case, ignore what I said :smiling3: I thought you’d glued it together like that.

Jakko
It’s all good I know you’re quick on the draw thanks for stopping by

Reactions: JR

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Got some painting done tonight. I first primered it with a flat chalk black to achieve the darkest blue as possible and to get a shade affect also. I will let this cure very well before I paint the lower silver camouflage.98024503-A19C-4E82-9BAF-ABA24BCA4A51.jpeg