1/72 Partisan Attack.....1st Blood. Finished

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
O.K. Carrie and Gents, here is my finished diorama for the 2010 Summer build. Eastern Front.

It depicts a de-railing of a goods train by Partisans in summer 1942. In the early days of the German invasion of Russia the supply trains were virtually unguarded. The partisans had no explosives so they resorted to loosening the rail tracks enough to wreck the train, here they chose a bridge for maximum damage, I think they succeeded!

I wanted to try and go off on a bit of a tangent with this rather than armour and aircraft. I decided on a railway scene after building my Big Boy loco, which I posted a thread for recently.

The models, 1/72/OO scale are a 2-6-0 British Mogul type loco which I modified to look more 'German', 3 meat wagons, one long wagon and a length of Hornby track. Total cost £23.00.

They are all painted by hand using Humbrol Enamels.

As I intend to return the items to their original condition and hopefully sell them on, I have kept the damage and weathering to a minimum and saw the accident as more a slide off and doink sort of thing, if yer folla!!

The diorama was build in the same way as my 'Making a 1/35 diorama' thread i.e. all scrounged from my garden, nothing bought. The 'trees' were picked from the lane, primed then dipped in shed paint and left to dry. Incidentally, I needed some real coal to spill around the tender and I was lucky to find an old coal bunker 'up the woods' so I scooped some coal dust up, let it dry and away to go!!

The debris are bits of sprue and balsa. I hit upon the figure during a Boddington's moment. He is a Partisan who, having disposed of the engine crew in the lake, is signalling to his mates that all is clear, so come on down...

I hope you like my offering, I enjoyed it 'cos it was something different from anything I had done before.

Sorry, I didn't realise there were so many pictures!!

Thanks,

Ron

OOPS! Just spotted a bit of green plastic chair on a photo, sorry!

View attachment 25933

View attachment 25934

View attachment 25935

View attachment 25936

View attachment 25937

View attachment 25938

View attachment 25939

View attachment 25940

View attachment 25941

View attachment 25942

View attachment 25943

View attachment 25944

View attachment 25945

View attachment 25946

View attachment 25947

View attachment 25948

View attachment 25949

View attachment 25950

View attachment 25951

View attachment 25952

View attachment 25953

View attachment 25954

View attachment 25955

View attachment 25956

View attachment 25957

View attachment 25958

Partisan attack 047.jpg

Partisan attack 049.jpg

Partisan attack 057.jpg

Partisan attack 059.jpg

Partisan attack 063.jpg

Partisan attack 051.jpg

Partisan attack 075.jpg

Partisan attack 043.jpg

Partisan attack 040.jpg

Partisan attack 064.jpg

Partisan attack 046.jpg

Partisan attack 041.jpg

Partisan attack 060.jpg

Partisan attack 081.jpg

Partisan attack 056.jpg

Partisan attack 048.jpg

Partisan attack 062.jpg

Partisan attack 039.jpg

Partisan attack 052.jpg

Partisan attack 077.jpg

Partisan attack 036.jpg

Partisan attack 072.jpg

Partisan attack 050.jpg

Partisan attack 055.jpg

Partisan attack 066.jpg

Partisan attack 061.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Ron. You always have a knack of comming up with some thing original.

Those partisans have really spoilt that locodrivers day.

Well done.

( I really should get on with mine).

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Absolutely fabulous. By a weird coincidence I saw some "home movie" footage of a train crash on the tele last night and you have captured the carnage and chaos beautifully. The whole scene looks completely real. Love that partisan in his moment of triumph too.

Cheers

Steve

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Amazing work there. Love it

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ron

Nice train crash! The moment is 'caught' perfectly, well done mate!

Paul:no1b:

C

Caledonia

Don't you just hate people who can hand paint like that? Seriously superb job their Ron, it's got my 5 Stars. Cheers Derek

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Eyup ron , excellent work mate. If anyone had said a diorama looked like a train wreck youd be most offended but in this case its the highest compliment!!! The scene is just brilliant, stuff all over ,and the guy on top is a great touch. 5 stars coming your way , cheers tony

F

Fenlander

All been said Ron. You know how much I admire and am inspired by your work. This is no exception, just superb. Hate to think how long the enquiry is going to take.......lol

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
OK, where's that thesaurus gone? Words fail me .....

Another 5 star build Ron.

Gern

C

colprit

Yet another great dio Ron five stars from me to. Thats one hell of a train smash.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I have just sat and read all the very nice comments from you guys and the awarding of the 'Big 5'...Thanks very much, it is quite humbling and really makes all the effort worth while.

I am sure you all agree that receiving nice comments spurs us on to hopefully try and improve next time round. Also, I hope the great dioramas on this forum will hopefully encourage folks who have yet to have a go at one to pluck up the courage to 'av a bash!

Thanks again.

Ron

N

noble

Ron mate theres not enough stars under heaven for this one outstanding so i will have to give you five.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Ron mate theres not enough stars under heaven for this one outstanding so i will have to give you five.scott
Classic Scott, thanks ever so much. Glad you like it.

I bet you've never seen anything like it on the Bidston Line? And I hope you never do!

Thanks again,

Ron

R

rogue-one

fantastic ron, really energy and action. and lots of fun to watch build up to this great finished stage.:no1b: