1/72 Pz.kpfw VIII Maus - Germany 1946

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Shaping up nicely Greg.......the debris will definitely add a lot to the scene. Rick H.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
All i can say is "WOW"!!:cool:
I`ve missed this completely until now Greg.... and so pleased i`ve discovered it!
It`s a subject that has always had my interest,(mainly because of it`s absurd size i suspect!!:flushed:),and your rendition is looking spot on!
Also,your Scratch Dio building is so clean looking it`s just unfair on the rest of us mate!!;)....
All in all,a cracking piece of work so far,and i look forward to following the rest of your progress!
Andy

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Greg,
Nice work so far. Apologies if I missed it earlier but what did you use to take the moulds of the boxes?

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just gets better with each posting Greg.

Greg_147

SMF Supporter
First Name
Greg
Thank you all, it's starting to come together. Urban rubble has always been a challenge for me; at the moment I'm trying to get a base layer of scenic scatter and shredded cork chunks. Once painted hopefully I can apply some larger pieces of debris to tie it together, but at 1/72 scale it's very difficult to get things that look like individual bricks.

Paul, the molds I use are a product called 'Blue Stuff'. They come in sticks, and you soften them with boiling water to make a mold. Then I use milliput for the actual casting. Very handy for this scale, where decent accessories are hard to come by!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Greg

Looking very good indeed so far.

Well done.

Andrew.