1/72 Revell Tornado "Eye of the Tiger"

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Do you ever get those modelling days when nothing goes right. This Tornado is lucky to be in one piece this morning. Spent two hours last night trying to fit the undercarriage and for the life of me I could not get the the parts to fit. For a start the main leg, despite being a 1/72 scale kit is made up of three separate parts and every time I came to fit part 66 it was too long and pushed the main leg out of alignment. I have gone over and over these instructions and for the life of me cannot see where I am going wrong. Anyway I have fitted them and modified the attachment point in the undercarriage bay to accomadate part 66. Don't know if anyone else has made a Revell Tornado on this scale but let me know if you had similar fit issues. Wing pods, ejector seats and undercarriage bay doors going on today.

Attachments

• IMGP0010.JPG
    IMGP0010.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 9
  • IMGP0011.JPG
    IMGP0011.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMGP0012.JPG
    IMGP0012.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMGP0013.JPG
    IMGP0013.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 13
  • IMGP0014.JPG
    IMGP0014.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 13

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Calling this one done now. Light is failing in the house so I will get some better shots and post in the completed Aircraft section when the lighting is better. Ive kept the finish fairly clean and simple. No weathering just assembled pretty much as it came out of the box. I have also left the Pitot static tube off the nose intentionally as I always seem to break them off and I think it spoils the look of the model. May add it later. I think anyone can get a good result with this model if you just take your time with the paint and decals. Hats off to Revell for producing a great looking model at a relatively low cost.

Attachments

• IMGP0023.JPG
    IMGP0023.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMGP0027.JPG
    IMGP0027.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: