1 72 scale scratch built 52 cm railgun dio finished.

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Hi guys have just finished 52 cm French / German railgun in 172 scale have added a snowy dio as photos from net show it at Leningrad but I had to pass on camo after applying it looked awful so scrubbed it all off after spending two days painting it.

Two of these guns were made by the French in 1916 but were not delivered until after great war, this was the largest -calibre railway gun built by any army during W W 1the one completed example was taken over by the German army and it was used in the bombardment of Leningrad in 1941 .DSCN7888.JPGDSCN7889.JPGDSCN7891.JPGDSCN7892.JPGDSCN7893.JPGDSCN7894.JPGDSCN7897.JPGDSCN7898.JPGDSCN7899.JPGDSCN7902.JPGDSCN7903.JPG

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
A wonderful cold scene - just what we want during this minor heatwave! You been in touch with any museums yet?

One minor point though. Somebody needs to tell that chap at the front - the one with the binoculars - to get 'is b******g 'air cut! 'e's a disgrace to the uniform!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Barry

Another great addition to the collection. Was it a kit or scratch built? Sorry to hear about the camo. Looking forward to seeing your next project. Any rail guns you havn't built yet??

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I am so sorry to have missed this one Barry, I can't believe you only had two previous comments on this.
Another epic piece, the snow gives it a real chilly air about it and once again your scratching up of these
little masterpieces of yours is astounding!
We7jwJd0T0L8yJO_zdVwHaE6?w=235&h=180&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg

Jim.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
OK I missed this one as well!!?
Fantastic work as usual. Bummer that you had to paint it twice!

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Hi Barry

Another great addition to the collection. Was it a kit or scratch built? Sorry to hear about the camo. Looking forward to seeing your next project. Any rail guns you havn't built yet??
Thanks Steve sorry haven't answered only just seen post it is scratch built ,next project boch buster done and posted and there are three more I would like to build.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Glad to hear you are healing well and back at the bench. Speak soon my friend

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
I am so sorry to have missed this one Barry, I can't believe you only had two previous comments on this.
Another epic piece, the snow gives it a real chilly air about it and once again your scratching up of these
little masterpieces of yours is astounding!
View attachment 417779

Jim.
Thanks Jim ,was a bit peed off with lack, of interest but that's how it goes sometimes. Have you seen the bunker dio yet it is posted as D day landing , like to have your thoughts

Last edited: