1 72 scale scratchbuilt 38 cm Max railgun dio.

First Name
barry
Don't worry Barry, I don't understand the fisics either!

It's a great model, and no mistake, and I know no one was questioning the accuracy. We were genuinely intrigued as to just what that 'lump' was, and it's function.

Ron
Thanks Ron and all guys I know know no one was knocking the model and I enjoyed the discussion.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Absolutely fantastic, as is your norm Barry!

Jim

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I certainly wasn't criticising your build Barry, or its accuracy. I was merely curious about that thingumajig. While I'm still not totally clear about how it works, I know it's some sort of counterbalance and I'm not curious enough to dig any further! :smiling:

Keep up the good work!

First Name
barry
I certainly wasn't criticising your build Barry, or its accuracy. I was merely curious about that thingumajig. While I'm still not totally clear about how it works, I know it's some sort of counterbalance and I'm not curious enough to dig any further! :smiling:

Keep up the good work!
Thanks Dave , I would not bother either but need to find out more if I can.:sick:.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Barry,

While all the scientists are at the Counter Weight Convention, I just want to say that this is truly a phenomenal piece of scratchery Sir!!! I don't know how you do it or find the RR parts, but in 1/72 scale, it is amazing.

I would imagine that this in 1/35 scale could take up half of the living room. About how long is this piece of arty and where do you get the cool figs??? TIA.

Prost
Allen

First Name
barry
Hi Barry,

While all the scientists are at the Counter Weight Convention, I just want to say that this is truly a phenomenal piece of scratchery Sir!!! I don't know how you do it or find the RR parts, but in 1/72 scale, it is amazing.

I would imagine that this in 1/35 scale could take up half of the living room. About how long is this piece of arty and where do you get the cool figs??? TIA.

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, the model is 20 inches long and I source wheels from 00 gauge railway wheels , some of the barrels are made by a mate with a lathe. All the rest of the model is scratchbuilt this is my twelfth railgun build and I intend building three more, God willing.
Figs are from milcast models.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Barry trueley a phenomenal build as i like to look at these big guns as it amazes me where they can be hidden from air attack but my fav is the biggest an its dora isnt it ? ps an how heavy are the shells for this gun ?
chris