1/72 U-boat 249

S

Siara

It explain a lot. If thats the case im sitting in the front row, and observing the progress. Soon ill be where You are now, and im curious how it will all turn out.

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
It explain a lot. If thats the case im sitting in the front row, and observing the progress. Soon ill be where You are now, and im curious how it will all turn out.
rodger that, me too

S

Savvy

\ said:
rodger that, me too
Looking good Glenn, glad to see you back at it. The paint chipping looks superb. I too will be following this very closely!

Sav.

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
Looking good Glenn, glad to see you back at it. The paint chipping looks superb. I too will be following this very closely!Sav.
Thank you Sav, how's your u-boat coming along? have you started on the rigging yet? regards Glenn

D

Deleted member 81

S

Savvy

Yes mate the rigging has been started, and then scrapped, then started again, and then scrapped once more!

This is a lot harder than you make it look, i'm having trouble spacing the insulators so that they all have an even spacing. I've started again as i flatly refuse to let this beat me! After the attempts above with various types of thread, i've now gone back to the thread supplied with the kit. After waxing it with cotton wax it now looks and 'works' like a dream with no 'fuzz' so i think this time it will come good.

Sav.

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
Yes mate the rigging has been started, and then scrapped, then started again, and then scrapped once more!This is a lot harder than you make it look, i'm having trouble spacing the insulators so that they all have an even spacing. I've started again as i flatly refuse to let this beat me! After the attempts above with various types of thread, i've now gone back to the thread supplied with the kit. After waxing it with cotton wax it now looks and 'works' like a dream with no 'fuzz' so i think this time it will come good.

Sav. Hay Sav did you use the two strait pins in the cork board, then looping the string around them? that should give you the even spaceing that you need. Glenn

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
\ said:
Yes mate the rigging has been started, and then scrapped, then started again, and then scrapped once more!This is a lot harder than you make it look, i'm having trouble spacing the insulators so that they all have an even spacing. I've started again as i flatly refuse to let this beat me! After the attempts above with various types of thread, i've now gone back to the thread supplied with the kit. After waxing it with cotton wax it now looks and 'works' like a dream with no 'fuzz' so i think this time it will come good.

Sav. Hay Sav did you use the two strait pins in the cork board, then looping the string around them? that should give you the even spaceing that you need. Glenn
Hi Gent's here are some more photos of the U-249 build, the heavy weathering and chipping paint 3rd coat, two more coats to go. regards Glenn

View attachment 16810

View attachment 16811

View attachment 16812

View attachment 16813

View attachment 16814

View attachment 16815

View attachment 16816

View attachment 16817

View attachment 16818

View attachment 16819

chipping paint weathering 3rd coat 001.jpg

chipping paint weathering 3rd coat 004.jpg

chipping paint weathering 3rd coat 002.jpg

chipping paint weathering 3rd coat 016.jpg

chipping paint weathering 3rd coat 006.jpg

chipping paint weathering 3rd coat 005.jpg

chipping paint weathering 3rd coat 018.jpg

chipping paint weathering 3rd coat 039.jpg

chipping paint weathering 3rd coat 045.jpg

chipping paint weathering 3rd coat 032.jpg

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
\ said:
Hi Gent's here are some more photos of the U-249 build, the heavy weathering and chipping paint 3rd coat, two more coats to go. regards Glenn
Hi Gent's her are some updated photos of the U-249 build. I have a lot more painting and shading to do be for adding the rust, but I could not help my self, lol. I did this as a test and then wiped it off. regards Glenn

View attachment 16822

View attachment 16823

View attachment 16824

View attachment 16825

rust shading test 1 004.jpg

rust shading test 1 008.jpg

rust shading test 1 006.jpg

rust shading test 1 007.jpg

B

Bunkerbarge

This continues to be an absolutely superb build and the paint effects are amazing.

The two tones of the chipped paint and the base colour look fantastic and unbelievably realistic. I can't wait for the rust!

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
This continues to be an absolutely superb build and the paint effects are amazing.The two tones of the chipped paint and the base colour look fantastic and unbelievably realistic. I can't wait for the rust!
Thank you very much Richard, I've been on pins and needles,from the start, this model is a little bit bigger then I'm use, mostly 1/350 and 1/400 scale, but it's starting to come together now. I just finnished painting the inside of the bridge, and the both gun decks, and reinstaling the saftey nets on the lower gun platform. regards Glenn

View attachment 16827

View attachment 16828

View attachment 16829

View attachment 16830

View attachment 16831

View attachment 16832

View attachment 16833

View attachment 16834

View attachment 16835

rust shading test 1part2 010.jpg

rust shading test 1part2 009.jpg

rust shading test 1part2 025.jpg

rust shading test 1part2 017.jpg

rust shading test 1part2 012.jpg

rust shading test 1part2 020.jpg

rust shading test 1part2 021.jpg

rust shading test 1part2 015.jpg

rust shading test 1part2 018.jpg

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
Thank you very much Richard, I've been on pins and needles,from the start, this model is a little bit bigger then I'm use, mostly 1/350 and 1/400 scale, but it's starting to come together now. I just finnished painting the inside of the bridge, and the both gun decks, and reinstaling the saftey nets on the lower gun platform. regards Glenn
Hear are some photos of heavy weathering and chipping paint on U-505,U-805 and U-249. regards Glenn

View attachment 16836

View attachment 16837

View attachment 16838

View attachment 16839

U-505Photo1.jpg

U-805ArrivesColor.jpg

U-249Eriboll623.jpg

rust shading test 1part2 006.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
\ said:
Hear are some photos of heavy weathering and chipping paint on U-505,U-805 and U-249. regards Glenn[/quHear are some new picks of the bridge. Glenn
After instaling the 20.mm guns . I wasen't happy with the flash suppressor's I made, the old cone style, I also did not care for the guns that came with this kit, they looked fine until I instaled them two of the four barrels were smaller so I made new barrels as well, regards Glenn

View attachment 16863

View attachment 16864

View attachment 16865

View attachment 16866

View attachment 16867

View attachment 16868

View attachment 16869

rust shading test 1part 3u 012.jpg

rust shading test 1part 3u 014.jpg

rust shading test 1part 3u 015.jpg

rust shading test 1part 3u 020.jpg

rust shading test 1part 3u 019.jpg

U-249Eriboll621.jpg

rust shading test 1part 3u 017.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
\ said:
After instaling the 20.mm guns . I wasen't happy with the flash suppressor's I made, the old cone style, I also did not care for the guns that came with this kit, they looked fine until I instaled them two of the four barrels were smaller so I made new barrels as well, regards Glenn
Hello Gent's here are some current pics of the U-249 build, after a week I am now getting back to it, I just started rusting and shading the hull above the water line and I have some tweeking to do, things you don't see untill you look at the photo's lol. regards Glenn

View attachment 16881

View attachment 16882

View attachment 16883

View attachment 16884

View attachment 16885

View attachment 16886

heavy rust 2 004.jpg

heavy rust 2 007.jpg

heavy rust 2 006.jpg

heavy rust 2 002.jpg

heavy rust 007.jpg

heavy rust 002.jpg

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
\ said:
Hello Gent's here are some current pics of the U-249 build, after a week I am now getting back to it, I just started rusting and shading the hull above the water line and I have some tweeking to do, things you don't see untill you look at the photo's lol. regards Glenn
Weathering above the water line no flash this time regards Glenn

View attachment 16895

View attachment 16896

View attachment 16897

View attachment 16898

View attachment 16899

View attachment 16900

View attachment 16901

heavy rust 2P4HULL 007.jpg

heavy rust 2P4HULL 040.jpg

heavy rust 2P4HULL 042.jpg

heavy rust 2P4HULL 020.jpg

heavy rust 2P4HULL 018.jpg

heavy rust 2P4HULL 013.jpg

heavy rust 2P4HULL 035.jpg

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
Great job Glenn, just unbelievable great work! :bravo:
Thank you Lukass1613, I'm working on the hulla skirt now,hope to be done soon. regards Glenn