1/72 U-boat 249

L

lukass1613

Hi, Glenn. I wonder why you are not writing anything about your U-boat. I am very curious how much of it is already done. If you can insert new pictures i will be very happy. Regards,

Lukas

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
Hi, Glenn. I wonder why you are not writing anything about your U-boat. I am very curious how much of it is already done. If you can insert new pictures i will be very happy. Regards,Lukas
Hi Lukas I had to finnish some other builds and put the U-249 on hold,I did how ever finnish the base some time ago, in the next week or two I will make the glass case the plackard, and finnish U-249, thank you for asking. regards Glenn

View attachment 17168

View attachment 17169

View attachment 17170

U-249 BASE 016.jpg

U-249 BASE 018.jpg

U-249 BASE 017.jpg

L

lukass1613

Very cool U-boot. I am pleased that it's almost done.

I also do a U-Boot VIIC/41 model. Therefore, it interest me how you doing yours. Show us new photos when it will be finished.

Regards, Lukas

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
Very cool U-boot. I am pleased that it's almost done. I also do a U-Boot VIIC/41 model. Therefore, it interest me how you doing yours. Show us new photos when it will be finished.

Regards, Lukas
Lukas have you started your V11C/41 ? Glenn

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
İt's suberb work...very detailed..congrat.
Thank's Levo, it has been some time since my last post.and I apologize to the group for that. I'm now stationed at Fort Eustis Army base now. range control operations,and me a navy man go figure. We control all live fire training on the post and over see the safety of the combat reaction courses and training site's. I have been doing some modeling but it's for the Army in 1/35 scale and 1/87 scale, armor, trucks, humve's in convoys, so I have not been able to work on my own models,but hope to soon. regards Glenn

M

mobear

now thats a sub,its darn good,i`m not a sub fan but on here ive seen 4 so far and everyone i see gets better(urs is the last sub)so take this as read

mobear

D

Deleted member 81

Thank you Ole and Andy, hopefully I can finnish her soon, not sure if I'll add a crew or not. not much more to do, set the flag and some touch up on the weathering and the plackard. I made some torpedo tips to install in the tubes, thats if I can find then LOL, Regards Glenn

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great detailing in those power cables Glenn, I will be referring back to these when I start my one.

Ian M

D

Deleted member 81

Thank you Ian, if you need any info let me know, Glenn

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Glenn Iv'e got the Revell wolfpack 1/72 ( but looking at yours makes me feel inadiquate and to leave it in the stash ) but when i start it i wiil defenately be looking at your build

A

andyrobs

Hi Glenn, I've missed this one til now. That really is a cracking build mate, top notch detailing!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

D

Deleted member 81

Thank you Ian, Chris and Andrew if you need any info on what I used or how I did it let me know I will happy to share with you gent's. I have two more 1/72 U-Boats to build, one is the V11C and the other is the V11C/41 the V11C is going to be U-96 as in the move DAS-BOOT the V11C/41 I think I will do in a tri color camo, whites and grays, who knows I may even do a monty python{"and now for somthing completely diffrent"} LOL. Regards Glenn

Last edited: