1/72 UM SU-100 Self Propelled Gun.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very nice indeed Jim, the photos distort the scale as Peter has mentioned.

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Jim

Looking very good indeed. Excellent work.

ATB

Andrew

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Well that’s come along quickly!
Nice job on the detail painting and chips.....looking forward to seeing how you tackle the burnt, damaged area.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see the wet stuff on but I did enjoy the build part. You did some lovely detailing. Good luck with the weathering. How are things going with the tracks and running gear?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Gentlemen it is so nice to read your kind comments. With this very strange and restricted Christmas this friendly, cheerful forum has become even more important.

Some progress. I made a base and it was not good enough so I did a Peter D and scrapped it :tongue-out3: This is base mk2. Simply that foam board stuff with cork sheet to adjust the contours and then smoothed off with Sculptmold. Still plenty to do.
P1060532.JPG

P1060533.JPG

The tank is virtually finished. Oil work done. Must paint the periscopes :thinking: Any final touches will be done after it is on the base. Attached the track and painted in the smoke damage. Again I'll work on that when it is on the base, that way it will tie in with the blackened area on the base.
P1060535.JPG

P1060534.JPG

P1060536.JPG

I have ordered a figure from a place in Germany called Fredericus-Rex. Only place I could find that had Arab civilian figures in 1/72. Stupid expensive but it's only money and I ain't going down the pub :rolling:

Stay safe and a very merry Christmas to you all. May Santa fill your stockings with goodies.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Lovely work Jim. The damage is totally convincing.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks great Jim. If you want more figures, try looking for 20mm modern Arab gaming figures. They should scale well with a 1/72 tank.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Peter - thanks. I must confess that I am glad to have got that stage done.
Tim - I hadn't considered 20mm gaming figures. I do find the different ways of expressing scales confusing.
Andy - coming from a modeller of your skills that means a lot.

No bench time today as on Christmas present delivery.

Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brilliant Jim . its time for a Race Towers.

2020_5a.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is Beautiful Jim.....and Merry Christmas to you and yours! :smiling3: Rick H.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
John, Scottie and Rick - many thanks for the positive encouragement :smiling: :thumb2:

Well the figures arrived from Fredericus-Rex in Germany. Really well packed. I said earlier that they were 'stupid expensive' - that was very unfair. I paid £22.25 for 6 figures which includes P&P so only £3.70 each. If I only use 1 or 2 then it seems pricey but they are superb.
P1060542.JPG

P1060537.JPG

A little progress on the base.
P1060543.JPG

P1060544.JPG

Heavy rain, grey and miserable. Supermarkets like Paddy's market. Can't see my granddaughter for Christmas!!!! Thank God for a our shared modelling hobby and the support of this forum.

Happy Christmas one and all. Stay safe.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John, Scottie and Rick - many thanks for the positive encouragement :smiling: :thumb2:

Well the figures arrived from Fredericus-Rex in Germany. Really well packed. I said earlier that they were 'stupid expensive' - that was very unfair. I paid £22.25 for 6 figures which includes P&P so only £3.70 each. If I only use 1 or 2 then it seems pricey but they are superb.
View attachment 408351

View attachment 408350

A little progress on the base.
View attachment 408352

View attachment 408353

Heavy rain, grey and miserable. Supermarkets like Paddy's market. Can't see my granddaughter for Christmas!!!! Thank God for a our shared modelling hobby and the support of this forum.

Happy Christmas one and all. Stay safe.
Jim
Great work Jim. Those figures look good and make a nice change from the usual male ones!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great looking figures Jim. Prices are slightly higher than most, but not excessively so....look at the price of Games workshop stuff for example...

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If GW is your baseline, everything seems cheap, including gold bars, Rolexes and government expenses.

Hang on …

… that’s kind of an encouragement to make it your baseline, isn’t it?

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Great work Jim, look to be coming along nicely :thumb2:

I know what you mean about the grey, miserable days and current environment being a bit.....well, bloody awful :tired:!!

Being at the bench and being on the forum is definitely helping to keep me sane !!

Happy Christmas to you too mate :smiling4:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Jim,

Those figures do look very well molded and detailed. Now you just need to break out the triple optivisor to paint them Sir! The base is also nice and desertly (is that a word?)...Still wondering when you are going to paint the eyes on the insignia to top it off.......

It's the same here with this whole world crisis and the dark and dreary days that don't help either.....Wishing you and yours all the best for the holidays my friend. Oh and,

Being at the bench and being on the forum is definitely helping to keep me sane !!

Can anyone here tell me the last time Mr. Benson was sane????......... I didn't think so.................

Prost
Allen