1/87 1934 Bussing Nag 900 with a Sleeper Cab.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rick , fire! No well ok, count me in, near the back door as Matron is on the warpath I picked up her syringe. It's ok I put it in Paul's box of kits. :smiling:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yesterday I hacked the hood off the original cab and scraped all the louvres off so I could install some side vents. I then cut the frame up on another truck and added the second rear axle. Also found a bed and tarp in the spares box of exactly the same configuration as the one depicted! Talk about lucky, no mods. required. Cheers, Rick H.P1010986.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice to have some luck Rick .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome JR. Thanks for dropping by. I don't know yet who is tending bar, perhaps we will have a volunteer from this overcrowded build party.LOL!:rolling:
Cheers, Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick

Interesting idea. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

ATB

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Andy. This one is pretty straight forward. More progress to follow. Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice conversion Rick! Make sure JR doesn't bring his lighter as it will soon look like that photo he found LOL

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A beauty Rick. Thanks Dzohn, the needle makes a good gun barrel & I can use the body for a PVA applicator. The contents has had no affect, prolly due to an elevated tolerance. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks guys, back to my old tricks...making something they don't have a kit of. Today I will make the box to frame supports for the cargo bed, run the exhaust and sand and fill the seam where the hood and cab mate up.
Thanks again for dropping by, Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Rick,

Sorry I'm late, but every time I try to get the bar going, Stevie comes and drinks it all up and I have to start anew.

This is really a cool scratch and is looking tops. It can't be easy to do in 1/87, but looks like 1/35 in the pics. A tip of the hat Bro!!!

Prost
Allen

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Well done making the modifications Rick. If I hadn’t gone back to the beginning pictures, I would of that it was an off the shelf item:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Managed to keep pretty much to schedule except the hood came loose and I had to reglue it. All structural mods. are now complete. The remainder of this build will be mainly adding the necessary details to complete the model.
Rick H.P1010991.JPGP1010990.JPGP1010992.JPGP1010989.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
All the pieces parts of detail have now been added. So the next logical step will be to put some Panzer Grey on it. I know the inspirational photo shows a commercial truck and trailer, but being a conscripted vehicle would mean at some point it would be painted in military livery and sport a WH badge on its left front fender (wing?) indicating it is a non-standard vehicle in military service. Hope you like the pics.
Rick H.P1010993.JPGP1010994.JPGP1010995.JPGP1010996.JPG

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking very good. Will the trailer get a rope/chain locker? Spare tire? PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Paul, it's a little crowded under the trailer for both because of the wonderful( working ) suspension system that Wiking designed and mfg. So I'm thinking the locker under the trailer and the spare on the outside of the forward bulkhead. Tell me what you think. Rick H.