1/87 Armored Panzer Grenadier Company

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I still don't know how you manage to keep the enthusiasm for doing so many of the same vehicle all at the same time

Have you never considered just doing one vehicle, throwing everything at it to make it as good as can be and putting it on a small base? :smiling5:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Funny you should mention that Mr. T, I tried going the other way and build seven of these at once while also correcting their numerous deficiencies.........got this far and stalled. It has been several years and I still haven't got the enthusiasm to complete them. I actually prefer to see Paul do his magic as he is able to create large scale operations with these little beauties.......sorry for jacking your thread Paul. Rick H.P1010601.JPG

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks for looking gentlemen.
Simon, I have done singletons.:smiling3: The HEMTT recovery conversion, the 4ton tow truck, the Protzcraft mit Drilling, and others. I just prefer to model units. The unit is the model, not the individual components. That's why I'm in this scale to begin with. I have tried the other way, but most viewers don't see what you or I see, so the effort is lost.
No sweat Rick. Where did you source the wheel/tire assemblies? They look much better than the 250 sized assys. Trident puts on their 251s.
Steve, standby, there's more to come. The heavy weapons platoons & pioneer elements are yet to appear.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Paul, the 251 wheels came from Heiser's......not available commercially. I have been trying to motivate him to send me some more. No luck so far.......I did ask to 100 sets. I'll send you half of them if he comes through. Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That would certainly fulfill my needs, Rick, thanks.
Mojo's flying high. Here is Fourth Platoon in progress Steve. Tracks almost done- working potential crews. Due to Allied air, some Pzr. elements were authorized additional SPAA assets. This armored PG company will have a fifth platoon of five 251/21s instead of the traditional Hvy MG section in the fourth HW Pltn. C&Cs encouraged. PaulE
001.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Loving the high mounted 75/L 24...got a few of those Trident conversions in the stash. Yours came out great. Rick H.

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow Paul, nothing done by half measures with these massive builds. Great work , nice to see someones Mo Jo so high.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hope You got plans for these..........I can see them columned up and rolling into a bombed out sector of a town.
Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You betcha Rick. Those Trident "Stump" conversions work on their 250s as well. Next is the 5th pltn. of 251/21s. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Paul, that's looking the Bomb!! Love the action shots with the troops going over the side....really looks like they mean business.
Better get some water on that tree before JR sees it, he's liable to accuse you of "Floracide" and call Matron to dose you up. All in all, it's a terrific scene with some really great buildings. Well done Pard. Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My word Paul, nothing half done with your work and dios.
Now about that tree -----------:worried: